Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Apply button does not work

Hello,

I'm trying to install Dark Mist currently, and unfortunatley when in themes tab i click apply - it does not apply it.
What could be the problem? I am using the latest Vanilla.

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

What version number of Vanilla are you running?

Does an error show up in red?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2013

It could be that you don't have the permissions on the folders correctly set.

the folders need to have execute permission to properly be applied.

or the third number in the permissions triplet.

x being the execute permission for the process that executes when the web page is handled.

what are the permissions and onwership of your Dark Mist Theme.

the same goes for people who have difficulties enabling all of their plugins.

generally when you can't apply a theme or enable a plugin or upload an attachment or create a thumbnail create capture.php with locale developer, etc - it is because you supplied the wrong permissions.

You need to determine what is the owner id and group id of folders and files the permissions applied to each.

if you don't know the owner of and group when you execute a web page.

you can very easily determine that with a simple web page that includes this line in the contents.

<?php system("id");?>

either the owner id or group id displayed should be reflected in the files and folders you create.
    depending on the host it cat be owner, owner and group, or just group - and that will determine how you set read write and execute permissions.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.