Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

MySQL problem : Incorrect information in file: 'GDN_UserCategory.frm'*

2»

Comments

• Options

You have a problem with your tables, they may be corrupted google repairing mysql tables.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2013

if x00's suggestion works and tables get repaired. perfect.

otherwise you may need to restore database from a previous backup.

if you have phpmyadmin

• Login to phpMyAdmin

• Choose your Vanilla database. If you only have one database, it should choose it by default so you don't need to do anything.

• In the main panel, you should see a list of your database tables. Check the boxes by the tables that need repair.

• At the bottom of the window just below the list of tables, there is a drop down menu. Choose "Repair Table"

note the drop down menu is to the right of the check all box info.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

I think unless you are managing a root server yourself, now is the time to contact your host.

Like you said you haven't done anything yourself that would cause this.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Thanks for the suggestion.

One strange thing is that if I look at the site using and Incognito window in Chrome I'm able to get the front page of the forum. Then when I try to click on anything it crashes.

• Options

I do believe I have access to my root server. What would I look for?

• Options

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@peregrine - thanks. I did the repair and it doesn't seem to have worked. Darn. Now, hopefully I have a backed up database.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2013

you may need to contact your host.

• Options

Yeah, that's what I've done.

• Options

Well, that wasn't much help. They just told me to repair the databases. I did that and that didn't help. grrr.

Guess I'll have to try restoring from a previous backup.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2013

On the sunny side of things you got promoted to Level 1 in the activity :)

remember to "empty" the vanilla tables first if you are using the import procedure via phpmyadmin, so everything is fresh.

And for good measure run the utility/update and utility/structure, and delete the ini files in the /cache folder on server after the restore or import.

depending on your technique of backing up and restoration.

• Options

Well, just to update everyone my forums are working again. I don't exactly know what happened. I ran a repair on my databases but that didn't work immediately. However, about 10 hours later things were working again.

So, I guess the solution to this problem was to repair my databases and wait in case this happens to anyone else in the future.

Thanks to @peregrine and @x00 for your helpful advice!

• Options

most likely it was garbage collection, maintenance performed by mysql.

grep is your friend.