Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Solved] Embedded Forum has lost itself- how to reset??

2»

Comments

• Options
    vbjessvbjess New
    edited October 2013

Yes, I realize that php is different than html. My point was that I've been working with computers, coding, software and hardware for most of my life - from back when computer systems were very basic until the present. I do appreciate your time. I'm just incredibly frustrated that every time I try to do something with software that is supposed to make things easier, I end up more pissed off and irritated than when I started.

I don't know that the lack of negative feedback is necessarily representative of every user's experiences. How many of us are upset with our elected officials, yet how many of us actually bother to write a letter? Or pick up the phone? Lack of negative feedback doesn't mean it's not there- just means that those unhappy people walked away to avoid spending more energy on a problem.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Yes I suppose it is possible. And feedback is not a bad thing , this open source software has become what it is thanks to feedback from users like yourself.

I know it can be frustrating. I did not know any of this software a year ago. I did not know php or js . But this specific software is a great teacher. I helped me learn other software and it happened by working out these problems like you face.

We don't let people walk away unhappy... we try to help people here solve their issues and stick with them if they stick with us as we help. We all are users , most of us had no knowledge of this stuff.

• Options

Bluehost did a site restore - everything, from start to finish, is magically working correctly now. Backups restored, embedding working correctly (a little formatting to tweak, but nothing major). Even Bluehost tech support couldn't explain why that happened. And that is why VF is frustrating to me. If coding is not working properly, there should be a way to track down exactly what went wrong. That has not been my experience with VF.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I am glad your host helped out.

These things can happen and sometimes there is no way of knowing where the error lies. Turning on debug assets can help find out more if it generates an error , otherwise it is hard to diagnose. My money is on the Host fault, or misconfiguration or both.