Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Solved] Probably an issue with css !

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

You can see what views are overridden by simply checking what is in the theme's view folder.

Make sure to clear your smarty compile cache when developing (/cache/Smarty/compile).

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

@pracddha said:

oh god now this only means, I have to abandon the theme

I didn't want to scare the wholly heck out of you, it may very well be ok.
    just wanted you to be aware.

you can always use notepad to compare the views and modules with the current core wit the themes views and modules and make necessary changes.

@hgtonight said:
    You can see what views are overridden by simply checking what is in the theme's view folder.

Make sure to clear your smarty compile cache when developing (/cache/Smarty/compile).

@hgtonight I was helping someone the other day and they were using cloudflare wordpress plugin and the css changes didn;t take effect for some time. I don't know if clearing cache would work in a cloudflare situation in vanilla, but I know it was a pain on wordpress. any thoughts?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

@pracddha & @hgtonight & @peregrine: Yep i took over 422s repository. With the transfer of his plugins to my account there are problems which do not allow me to update addons. I already requested the staff to look into the issue. They will make it when they have time @lincoln told me.

So i hope to upgrade recent fixes of the themes and plugins soon. Sorry, hands bound for now. I have not the option to upgrade my (formerly 422s) addons right now in my user account.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2013

@phreak said:
    pracddha & hgtonight & peregrine: Yep i took over 422s repository. With the transfer of his plugins to my account there are problems which do not allow me to update addons. I already requested the staff to look into the issue. They will make it when they have time lincoln told me.

So i hope to upgrade recent fixes of the themes and plugins soon. Sorry, hands bound for now. I have not the option to upgrade my (formerly 422s) addons right now in my user account.

your hands are not necessarily tied. you can always create an new discussion under the plugin or theme and upload your modified theme or plugin as a zip file attachment. Simple enough.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

here's a tidbit about using views. this is why they don't recommend it on vanilaforums.com.

also I seem to recall one of the vanilla staff suggesting to use default.master.tpl instead of default.master.php and to only change css not views, etc for themes being produced in vanilla 2.1 for probably the same reasons.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/18689/suggestions-for-themes-on-vanillaforums-com

• Options
    phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

@peregrine: Yeah, but to avoid more confusion here i look out for the intended way. :)

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • Options

your choice, your themes now, it all depends if you want to help users now, or wait till your hands are untied which could be long from now but easier for you if you don't have changes.

you could also create your own addons and themes with the name V2 and then upload and ask kasper to delete old plugin and theme. Or ask kasper to delete theme from addons. then upload a new one. Seems simple assuming it works.

• Options
    pracddhapracddha New
    edited November 2013

@peregrine, @hgtonight, @phreak, @R_J, @Lincoln:
    Now I am completely feeling like dumbass here. I don't know where the problem lies and i feel like I can no more handle this. Completely out of my brain now (or may be I am in a panic stricken mode). Because what I think is now this problem doesn't lies only with the theme but with core of vanilla. I checked with default theme on another of my website and there checked the one of the profile of mavisf45: [http://www.civilengg.in/profile/5/MavisF45]

There You can go to activity and check each profile one by one. No other profile has that fall down problem. Only this new user Mavisf45's profile has same problem.

When I applied default theme in this domainhostforum itself, every profile is working well now. But by what i saw in civilengg website, I am not convinced that problem may not arise in domainhostforum in future (by use of default theme here).

And next thing I noticed is, this problem arised when there appeared a verticle dark line (rounded at top and buttom) by side to the sub-menu items (i.e. Activity, discussions, Comments). Just keep your eye on when page is loading, and you will notice that. Once, page loads, the sub-menu items will fall down.

I am very much missing wordpress now (for ease of use and application; even though not a forum software) :(

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I recall a similar thread about profiles being different for different users.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/23948/profile-issue

Not sure if it ever got sorted, but read through it and try any solutions offered there.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

No there came no conclusion till end. Its seemingly the vanilla problem. Because in civilengg.in I haven't messed up with any of the coding either.

• Options

@peregrine, @hgtonight, @R_J : (A kind of good news for now ! But in future can turn out be worst)

Things can't get more strange than this. Now I haven't done anything since I last posted. I just switched to another theme (to check things around) and switched back to fruit. Now, every user profile page is behaving normal. Also, every profile page in civilengg.in is now behaving normal.

Like I mentioned in 17th post on this thread to R_J:

@pracddha said:
    R_J: I just deactivated all my plugins and checked. But the problem still exits. And its getting even more strange. Because, yesterday problem lied in the profile page of "ununtydust" and "getonefish". But the admin profile page didn't had that fall back problem. Now strangly, the profile page of getonefish is also normal today. However one more user has signed up today i.e JohnnieCo (and started spamming right away :p). And now the strange thing is, profile page of admin and getonefish is behaving normal. But fallback problem lies in that ununtydust and new user Johnnie Co. More strange thing now is that, profile of getonefish and ununtydust is similar. Their role is "confim email" and hasn't made any activity yet. However, profile page of one is behaving normal and another have that fall back problem. (Is code making partiality between people :p)
    And yes R_J, if you are online, I will be leaving my site without any of the plugin enabled till you check and confirm.

In this comment I mentioned that the profile which was having fall down problem a day before, today it was gone but was seen in new user's profile that registered today itself.

But for now no users' profile is having fall down problem and everything is back to normal without anything touched from my side. How can that be.
    Or is it a matter of time that the profile page starts getting working (some code applying something for time being on new users and removing it......something like that)... What could be the probable back-end process going on for this. Having a problem and a day later everything gets normal.

Just a thought on mind (Is someone trying to hack my website or what??, trying to create loop holes. (Today some one tried to spam me here in vanilla itself with manipulative message which I reported to @hgtonight).

Crazy, crazy strange things happening !

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Be sure to find out what is casing the error. Try those scenarios and look when the error arises:
    1. All plugins disabled, default theme => Vanilla
    2. All plugins enabled, default theme => a plugin
    3. All plugins disabled, fruit theme => fruit

Please tell in which of the above three scenarios the error still shows.

• Options

Well, then forget my last post... ;)

• Options

The additional html is gone. It might come back any time...
    I've searched for it and it comes from the activity view \applications\dashboard\views\activity\helper_functions.php

You can try to fill the activity wall to see if the error comes back.

• Options

Hmm...
    Start a discussion and some comments and it will most probably come back.

• Options
    pracddhapracddha New
    edited November 2013

Well I think that is the case. So, @R_J how can avoid that ? However I created some activities on my forum, posted something on different wall. Still they profile pages are acting normal. Probably I have to act as new user and post something (not as a admin). Probably that will give me better insight of the problem.

• Options
    pracddhapracddha New
    edited November 2013

@R_J : Yes I created a new account, and on that profile page, the problem occured as you predicted. But also a new problem I faced here is (It didn't ask me to confirm my email), but it should have asked me to confirm by sending confirmation link on my email. In the settings I have ticked on the option which says user have to confirm the link. Was it because I signed up from same IP as that of admin account? (Now that's another mystery to solve (and these mysteries appears one after another with new riddles...seems like never ending). But yes how can I avoid that falling down, on these new users' profile page.

• Options

can you post an image of "falling down" for those of us who don't want to travel to your site.

and inspect the element with your web developer tools or firebug and show a snapshot of that.

• Options
    pracddhapracddha New
    edited November 2013

@peregrine I had already posted image on previous threads. However, if you want it again, here is the image: it is old snapshot, but fall down looks like this. There are three pics, one at left of admin which always acted normal, one at left one of the user.(this has fall back problem) and one screenshot at down below with new user (which also has fall back problem) Now they all act normal as they are one day old users. Now I created a new user myself and its profile is showing that fall down.

• Options

Here is the img:

aaa.jpg 85.8K
This discussion has been closed.