Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Can you guys please give me a details document?

SkyyaloneSkyyalone New
edited November 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Guys i'm in a trouble with configuring this plugin. how can i set a custom page to guest views? i just want to redirect guests to my own designed page uploaded in root folder. lets name that file "welcome.php". I've tried as much as i can but all i get is 404 page. please give me a |How to Do| documentation. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

You should be able to specify welcome.php or any other route in the settings page.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• You don't access views directly in MVC application. Is there is a good reason for a standalone script?

The days you call individual script and add header and footer are well an truly over, and good riddance. Good security, you would only allow cgi through a single dispatcher, you can't necessarily trust random scripts.

There are several custom page solutions for vanilla.

A request enter the dispatcher is directed to the relevant controller, which determines how it is outputed, whether it be a view template or something. You are not going to output a request for json in the same way as you would a page request but they go through the same controller method.

grep is your friend.

• I just started with vanilla forums & don't know to do much customizations (I'm using self hosted forum).

all i want to do is redirect every Non-logged users to a simple page that i created in my site's root folder.

The current situation is, i have managed to config the plugin to redirect guest to the sign in page. but its redirect to sign in page only if user go to main domain. (www.example.com).

if user navigate to a inside page (www.example.com/discussions) it is still showing the page and doesn't redirect guest to the sign in page. how can i fix this?

(sorry for my bad english & also I'm not a advanced php user. but i can manage to do changes if i get a step by step answer.)

• this pluign is only routing the default controller internally it does not handle 301 redirects or anything outside of vanilla.

you could route it to a faux location such as /welcome then 301 with vanilla routes from there.

grep is your friend.