Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try Vanilla Forums Cloud product
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

Two problems with embedding Vanilla in Wordpress

Hi!

First of all, I want to thank you for this software. It's really great.
I have a Wordpress site, and I wanted a forum. I tried phpBB and BBPress, but I was not satisfied with any of those 2. Then I tried Vanilla, and it worked great, and has plenty of options, so I want to use it embedded on my wordpress page, and with embedded comments too, replacing the integrated comment system from wordpress.

I were using the latest version of Wordpress, and Vanilla 2.0.18. It all worked ok, so I was content with it. Then I upgraded some plug-ins in wordpress, and upgraded Vanilla too, to version 2.1b2.
I see that in 2.1b2 there's an option to embed the forum, without the need of the plug-in. I see that the plug-in is deprecated now too, so I disabled it and enabled the embed option directly from the Vanilla dashboard.
And this is where the problems begins:

-The first problem I have is that if I use the integrated embed option, when a user clicks on a category or a discussion, that category or discussion opens in a new tab instead of in the same tab.
If I disable the integrated embed option, and use the plug-in instead, the categories and discussions opens correctly in the same tab. I want to use the integrated embed option instead of the plug-in, but the problem with categories and discussions opening in new tabs prevents me from using it, and for now I had to stick with the plug-in. What can I do to correct this?

-The second problem I have is that now suddenly the integrated comments doesn't work. Sometimes you see the progress animation that goes forever, and some other times you see the progress animation for a few seconds and then it dissappears, leaving a blank line.

My webpage is http://www.combogamer.com
I inspected a blog post in the site with the Opera console (same as the Chrome console), and I can see this error:

GET http://www.combogamer.com/foro/index.php?p=/discussion/embed/&vanilla_ident…cias%2Fopinion-nintendo-y-su-crisis-de-identidad%2F&vanilla_category_id=27 400 (OK) embed.js:302
(anonymous function) embed.js:302
m
i jquery.js?ver=1.10.2:4
x.event.dispatch jquery.js?ver=1.10.2:4
v.handle jquery.js?ver=1.10.2:4
x.event.trigger jquery.js?ver=1.10.2:4
e.event.trigger jquery-migrate.min.js?ver=1.2.1:2
(anonymous function) jquery.js?ver=1.10.2:4
x.extend.each jquery.js?ver=1.10.2:3
x.fn.x.each jquery.js?ver=1.10.2:3
x.fn.extend.trigger jquery.js?ver=1.10.2:4
c
x.event.dispatch jquery.js?ver=1.10.2:4
v.handle jquery.js?ver=1.10.2:4

I'm a noob in jquery, so I don't know what to correct here. I can see that the error is between the embed.js file inside the forum/js/ folder, and the jquery.js file inside the wp-includes/js/jquery/ folder.
I really appreciate any help I can get.

Comments