Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Two problems with embedding Vanilla in Wordpress

Hi!

First of all, I want to thank you for this software. It's really great.
I have a Wordpress site, and I wanted a forum. I tried phpBB and BBPress, but I was not satisfied with any of those 2. Then I tried Vanilla, and it worked great, and has plenty of options, so I want to use it embedded on my wordpress page, and with embedded comments too, replacing the integrated comment system from wordpress.

I were using the latest version of Wordpress, and Vanilla 2.0.18. It all worked ok, so I was content with it. Then I upgraded some plug-ins in wordpress, and upgraded Vanilla too, to version 2.1b2.
I see that in 2.1b2 there's an option to embed the forum, without the need of the plug-in. I see that the plug-in is deprecated now too, so I disabled it and enabled the embed option directly from the Vanilla dashboard.
And this is where the problems begins:

-The first problem I have is that if I use the integrated embed option, when a user clicks on a category or a discussion, that category or discussion opens in a new tab instead of in the same tab.
If I disable the integrated embed option, and use the plug-in instead, the categories and discussions opens correctly in the same tab. I want to use the integrated embed option instead of the plug-in, but the problem with categories and discussions opening in new tabs prevents me from using it, and for now I had to stick with the plug-in. What can I do to correct this?

-The second problem I have is that now suddenly the integrated comments doesn't work. Sometimes you see the progress animation that goes forever, and some other times you see the progress animation for a few seconds and then it dissappears, leaving a blank line.

My webpage is http://www.combogamer.com
I inspected a blog post in the site with the Opera console (same as the Chrome console), and I can see this error:

GET http://www.combogamer.com/foro/index.php?p=/discussion/embed/&vanilla_ident…cias%2Fopinion-nintendo-y-su-crisis-de-identidad%2F&vanilla_category_id=27 400 (OK) embed.js:302
(anonymous function) embed.js:302
m
i jquery.js?ver=1.10.2:4
x.event.dispatch jquery.js?ver=1.10.2:4
v.handle jquery.js?ver=1.10.2:4
x.event.trigger jquery.js?ver=1.10.2:4
e.event.trigger jquery-migrate.min.js?ver=1.2.1:2
(anonymous function) jquery.js?ver=1.10.2:4
x.extend.each jquery.js?ver=1.10.2:3
x.fn.x.each jquery.js?ver=1.10.2:3
x.fn.extend.trigger jquery.js?ver=1.10.2:4
c
x.event.dispatch jquery.js?ver=1.10.2:4
v.handle jquery.js?ver=1.10.2:4

I'm a noob in jquery, so I don't know what to correct here. I can see that the error is between the embed.js file inside the forum/js/ folder, and the jquery.js file inside the wp-includes/js/jquery/ folder.
I really appreciate any help I can get.

Comments