Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Include PHP in default.master.pl

edited December 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello friends!

I'm developing a Vanilla Forum and I am very happy with the result. But, how can I include a top, that is in php file, in my header?

I tried (file: default.master.pl):

{php}
include('../top.php');
{/php}

Reference: http://www.smarty.net/docsv2/en/language.function.php.tpl

Sorry for my bad English!

Thanks in advance! :-)

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited December 2013

You can't include php while your theme is based on tpl inside the default.master.tpl

What theme do you use ? Try a php based theme to be able to add more php

otherwise try to get familiar with Smarty http://www.smarty.net

Please provide the Vanilla version number you are using.

• Options

Ok vrijvlinder.

I am use Ozone Theme. Look: http://themeforest.net/item/ozone-premium-vanilla-2-theme/796129
    And Vanilla Forum 2.1

Can you help me?

• Options
    edited December 2013

Can you elaborate on what it is that you wish to add to the master?

You can use standard html in the default.master.tpl

Ok I think I understand , you wish to add a php file to be called from the tpl ?

• Options
    edited December 2013

Ok I get it. I have a site with several functions, one of which is the forum. To avoid losing the "pattern", only wanted to add the "top" (PHP+HTML+CSS) of the website Forum.

But if there is no other way, I will add the same common HTML.

Thank you!

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

You can use a default.master.php file instead of a .tpl file. This will allow PHP, but it will mean you can't use any Smarty at all. It makes Vanilla theming a bit rougher. Personally, I'd just include the common HTML rather than converting to a PHP template.

• Options

To avoid losing the "pattern"

This means the style ?

You can replicate the style to match, either use some html combination with css .

You are very Welcome

• Options
    edited December 2013

Thanks Licoln and vrijvlinder!
    I ended up writing wrong (To avoid losing the "pattern" - not to lose formatting). haha

Lincoln, How can I only use PHP?

Thanks!

• Options

How can I only use PHP?

You would need to use a php based theme one that use default.master.php I personally like that more than Smarty .

Maybe your theme can be converted or you can try a php based theme here in the addons and see how it's built and replicate it.

• Options

Ok ok vrijvlinder! Thanks a lot!

Have a good night!!! :-)

• Options

In a themhook file you can also make and register a smarty function to the framework. Then use it to include a file and return the result.

grep is your friend.