Reddit SSO plugin for Vanilla Forums Open Source!
I have needed to remove this add-on until I have a chance to rework so it functions with the most recent version of Vanilla. If you'd like it's on Github: https://github.com/adrianspeyer/VanExtend/blob/master/Plugins/Reddit/
Happy Holidays all! I am happy to announce the release of a Reddit SSO plugin. I was able to get over some hurdles with the help of Todd's amazing Facebook plugin and some help from others in the community ( @hgtonight, @shadowdare @kasper)
Getting an Reddit SSO was a personal project I began before working at Vanilla. Recent changes to the Reddit Oauth finally made it possible.
As you may know, Reddit reaches about 90 million unique visitors a month & by some accounts is the 4th largest social network in the world. This will also make Vanilla the first forum/community software to have Reddit SSO (at least in the open source version)
- The plugin uses Reddit Oauth: https://github.com/reddit/reddit/wiki/OAuth2
- Only users who have a verified email at Reddit can signup to the forum.
- It creates a 1 hour token, which expires after 60 minutes. (Permanent tokens did not play nice--but I would love to see it happen one day)
- Users can also share a comment to Reddit
- Plugin only works on 2.1b2 or greater
This is a 100% personal project, so it's not an "official" Vanilla release.
With that said, here is an SSO plugin for Reddit:
Code improvements welcome at:
Hope you guys think it's cool,
Sharing is caring