Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

RSS2 in V1

2»

Comments

• Options
    I have a quick suggestion regarding RSS2 and Atom feeds. We plan on using them exclusively in our forum (we're not fans of email notification), but have a few gripes about the current way they are implemented. New discussions are added to the top of the feed, which notifies users of them. However, replies to posts are not factored in. Why not have the feeds display the discussions in order of activity like the forum does?
  • Options
    I had this problem with the Category Color Changer add-on (http://lussumo.com/addons/?PostBackAction=AddOn&AddOnID=63). I deleted the space and line break after the ?> at the end of default.php and it started working.
  • Options
    hmmm... i checked every single plugin, even by deactivating them all. nothing helped... rss2 and atom dont work. hmmm.
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Are there any bugs known on installing Poll 1.2/Poll 1.3 (Maurice Krijtenberg ) and RSS2 Feed 1.0 (Mark)? After reading this thread I disabled all extentions and reactivated one by one; all work fine together with rss2, except for Poll 1.2. If this extention is active, rss2 does not work anyway.
  • Options
    Poll 1.3 works fine after updating to V1.01 of Vanilla. Now everything works fine!
  • Options
    Okay I've been have the same parse errors with RSS2. So I did what NoSi did and turned ALL extensions off. Then I turned on RSS2 alone, and it works just fine. I'm going to list the extensions I've turned on, and whether RSS2 still works okay or not, as I go along... - Announcement 1.2 (RSS2 works ok) - BBInsert Bar 0.1.5 (yup, RSS 2 ok) - Better BBCode 1.0 (ok again) - Category Colour changer 0.1 (NOT ok, got the parse error. Turned and kept off this ext. and RSS2 works ok again) - Category Icons 1.0.1 (ok) - Comment AuthorInfo 0.1 (ok) - Applicant Discovery 1.0 (ok) - Discussion Filters 1.0 (ok) - Discussion Pages 1.0 (ok) - FeedReader 0.3 (ok) - Google Calendar Reader 1.0 (ok) - Html Formatter 1.0 (ok) - Meta Extension 1.0 (ok) - NewsMailer 0.2 (ok) - Notify 0.2 (ok) - Page Management 2.3 (ok) - Poll 1.2 (ok) - Predefined Attributes 0.3.3 (ok) - Quotations 1.5 (ok) - Sidepanel 1.0 (ok) - Signatures 1.0.1 (ok) - Forum Statistics 0.2.8 (ok) - Custom Styles 2.0 (ok) - Transmogrifier 1.1 (ok) - User Messages 0.1.1 (ok) - Vanillacons 1.1 (ok) - Who's Online 1.1 (ok) - Comments Permalinks 1.0 (ok) - Member List 1.2 (ok) -------------- Alright, so it is the Category Colour Changer that is the problem. o_o ~Vox.
  • Options
    Okay did what clompers did above. Basically deleted the line break and the space right after the ?> right at end of the default.php file for the Catergory Colour Changer plug-in. Now everything is perfect. I think I just did that self-diagnosis for almost no reason at all. :p
This discussion has been closed.