HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Great Plugin

vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Thanks for making this, I was not sure how to get rid of the pesky leftover pagination after deleting spam... I just left it and forgot about it until now :)

I know you like to make your own icons but I made you one anyway just because...

Comments

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

@hgtonight: Yes thanx for the plugin. I recently cleaned all the Demos of VanillaSkins with it. Works great.

I just found one Achilles' heel, i think it doesn't work setting back the count when only tags and not categories are used. But this should probably be handled by another plugin instead. Don't know from the logic what is smart.

Thanx again!

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • @phreak said:
    hgtonight: Yes thanx for the plugin. I recently cleaned all the Demos of VanillaSkins with it. Works great.

I just found one Achilles' heel, i think it doesn't work setting back the count when only tags and not categories are used. But this should probably be handled by another plugin instead. Don't know from the logic what is smart.

Thanx again!

Phreak - who shall now be called Paris for shooting the arrow toward hgachillestonight, and what did you think of Helen while you were in Troy?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

I'm very familiar with the Ilias and the Odyssey but i haven't thought of extending it to the present... my bad english might excuse me if it sounded offensive. ;)

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • my bad english might excuse me if it sounded offensive. ;)

not offensive. I just couldn't resist.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Not offensive, just funny to picture hgtonight in Trojan outfit with an arrow in his heel ;)

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

.> @vrijvlinder said:

Not offensive, just funny to picture hgtonight in Trojan outfit with an arrow in his heel ;)

and Phreak with his arm around Helen.

I'll stop spamming your thread now. back to business.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@phreak said:
    hgtonight: Yes thanx for the plugin. I recently cleaned all the Demos of VanillaSkins with it. Works great.

Thanx again!

Do you mean it does not reset the counts of tags? I will look into it.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

Stop, Na, No. ;)

I meant if you deactivate Categories in tha backend and just work with Tags following happens.

You probably had a Spam intrusion with a lot of discussions created. Then you have several sites in the pagination as well. If you batch delete the spammers entries for ecample with BulkEdit, the pagination still shows the same amount of numbers.

In this example Refresh Counts doesn't set back the nunber of pages. It does when the forum is used with categories.

I just thought sone people could use their forum only with tags. Dunno?!

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@phreak

It looks like the root category is used for discussions when categories are not in use. Updated the plugin to work in this case. Tag counts are a separate beast. I went ahead and added a refresh counts button for that too.

Slightly off topic: Removing spam accounts doesn't use the models (which is definitely going to be faster) which is why the denormalized counts get out of sync. This means comments can be orphaned when a user's discussions are removed wholesale.

I am thinking of a 'database orphan killer' plugin and was thinking this current plugin should be in there too. Thoughts?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

@hgtonight said:

I am thinking of a 'database orphan killer' plugin and was thinking this current plugin should be in there too.

here are some previous thoughts

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/25356/orphan-record-finder-and-deleted-user-removal