Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Obscure Formating errors CLEditor

13»

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited January 2014

Go into myphpadmin to your database and see the GDN_Comments table, there is a column called Collation , it should say utf 8 for the charset, what do you have ?

• Options
    Dr_SommerDr_Sommer Dr. of tender Programing ;) ✭✭

Have a Table called GDN_comment, no collation column there:

• Options

I hope you are right V. and that it not a red herring

I still don't see why would it be mysql -

if characters works in other editors on his site with <meta charset="utf-8"> in header with the same database?

it seems that cleditor is still at fault not database.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    edited January 2014

I posted a test in your forum to see what it did if I changed my browser character encoding, I did not get the question marks, but some letters were changed into greek letters.

This has nothing to do with the editor itself in my opinion.

It is also similar to the htmlawed file missing from a user folder and the markup would show, notice how the div shows in that comment.

Disable the editor so only the default is on and see if it also happens, I bet it does...But would like to be proven wrong but this has to do with parsing...

• Options

Im not shure (was some time ago), but when I use vrijvlinders TinyMCEFour, I don't have these issues... but others.. ;)
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/25398/not-visible-in-2-1-b2#latest

So not shure, but i think it's an CLEditor issue... and because of that, I'm wondering why nobody else has these issues... or am I the only one using CLEditor?? hehe... ;)))

• Options

I'll now turn CLEditor off...

• Options

he said in a prior message unless i am confused that the error did not occur in other editors!

but I have no other ideas - so I'll stop running intercepts.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

when off, no errors occurred...

• Options

BUT... the spaces are shrink together!! if I put 6 Spaces between text, it shrinks to one!! if I enter &nbsp;, it shows the   "questionmarks"

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

only other thought is try <meta charset="UTF-8"> in all of the places in js file and where else you put it.

and make changes in jquery.cleditor.js

and change

$Sender->AddJsFile('jquery.cleditor'.(Debug() ? '' : '.min').'.js', 'plugins/cleditor', $Options);
    to
    $Sender->AddJsFile('jquery.cleditor.js', 'plugins/cleditor', $Options);

and just to see what happens with this.... it might break other things - but if ?'s go away you know where the issues is.

'<html><head>' +
    ((options.docCSSFile === '') ? '' : '<head><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="' + options.docCSSFile + '" /></head>') +
    '<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge" />' +
    '</head>' +
    '<body style="' + options.bodyStyle + '"></body></html>'
    to
    '<html><head> <meta charset="UTF-8"> </head><body style="' + options.bodyStyle + '"></body></html>'

• Options

Indeed .But how to change the posts that are saved except by hand.

@peregrine said:
    he said in a prior message unless i am confused that the error did not occur in other editors!
    but I have no other ideas - so I'll stop running intercepts.

He said it happened with tinyMCE also. But did not say it happened with default editor.
    I would dump the whole cleditor plugin and get a fresh copy from the github repo.

All I can think of is that MyISAM is defined as type or as engine depending on the version. Maybe it is a red herring after all, since it works with the default editor. :(

• Options

ok... lets go listen to the cushion... :)))
    Now I know some more where to look and what to change, so I'll do that after a Pachty Weekend.. ;)))
    I'll also try a fresh setup and look for differences....

• Options

THANK YOU BOTH VERY MUCH... :* :* :*

• Options

@Dr_Sommer said:
    BUT... the spaces are shrink together!! if I put 6 Spaces between text, it shrinks to one!! if I enter &nbsp;, it shows the   "questionmarks"

This is correct for raw html. Only editors may add non breaking spaces.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    edited January 2014

Also I think in the table it should say utf8_general_ci Instead of utf8_unicode_ci

• Options

This is really incredible... i was searching for Months for this error...
    Now it seems, that the EMOTIFY Plugin is the problem!!!
    I could Shoot myself, but I am sure, that I disabled ALL Plugins for testing purposes...
    Maybe its because Emotify 1.0 is not having this issues (but others) and V2.0.5. does....
    I deinstalled my Green Smilies Version of Emotify and put the original Emotify 2.0.5 Plugin... same errors as before... if I switch it off or use V1.0, there are no more "Question marks"...
    Crazy, Crazy... but I'm glad that I've found it... :D

Thanks again to you all, I'll address this error in the Plugin Section of Emotify... ;)

• Options

I had a similar issue. After reading this, I confirmed it had to do with writing no break spaces to the database. I simply replaced all no break spaces with spaces on submit to solve the problem.

• Options