Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Steam Signin (Steam Connect)

So do any of these plugins work currently for steam signin? I have tried a few and anytime I click on the sign in through steam button i get a 403 error. Anyone else experience this or know how to resolve? I tried it using a sub folder first like /forms then moved it to the root of the domain with a fresh install with the same results.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

It sounds like you are having issues installing plugins properly. You need to upload the plugin folder to /plugins.

I have a steam sign in running on my community forum. I would release it here, but it requires a modification to the base openid plugin to work.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

and businessdad has one as well on his site I believe.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Next time, please open the topic under the right addon. It's about this addon, correct? http://vanillaforums.org/addon/steamsignin-plugin

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@peregrine said:
    and businessdad has one as well on his site I believe.

That is correct, and it has been free of charge for a while. I also uploaded it to the Addons section, to make it easily available.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@businessdad said:
    That is correct, and it has been free of charge for a while. I also uploaded it to the Addons section, to make it easily available.

I am going to have to upgrade to this plugin :)

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Thank you to everyone for the replies! Sorry about that underdog, I thought i was posting under one of those topics, please move this thread if you want so it is in the correct section. I will test out the link that hgtonight posted and see how it goes. I do know how to copy and install the plugins and even the correct version of openid, i can tell the plugins are running because the signin through steam button appears. My issue is when i click that sits button the popup window gives me a 403 error. I think maybe something is wrong with my htaccess but i didnt touch it from the default vanilla install. Going to wipe the whole site and try again from scratch.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

The most common issue with 403 errors happens to be due to not using clean urls. Or having it set in config but not in htaccess.
    Do you have rewrite url True in the config ? also check the htaccess file for the rewrite engine on and pointing to your forum.

• Options

Yeah i have checked all of that, the config is a default vanilla install i just wiped everything and started over, only loading the new openid 2.0 and then the steam signin plugin here. I enable openid first, then steam, then active it. I can click the open id icon to login and the popup box works, when I click the steam login button i get a 403 error still.

I did try the newly updated steam plugin from here http://vanillaforums.org/addon/aeliasteamsignin-plugin
    I enabled open id .1 and made the edits mentioned in the post, I can enable the steam signin plugin but when i goto click the button to enable displaying i get a different page not found error.

Is anyone in here successfully using a steam plugin? Im running a fresh install of Vanilla 2.0.18.10 on PHP Version 5.3.27

• Options

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.