Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] Install Error

dtp56dtp56
edited January 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi everyone,

I'm installing a new forum and got this error. Wondered if anyone had any thoughts? Thanks!

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /usr/home/downt6sn/public_html/dogwalkeru/talk/library/core/functions.general.php on line 1885

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• thanks for reply, this is first screen I saw after installing files, brand new install etc so no edits and no config file yet....

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

This error is most likely due to an incomplete file transfer as my esteemed colleague @peregrine alluded to earlier. Try uploading a fresh copy of the software.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• download the core again and re-try. would be my best answer. if its completely new.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

@hgtonight said:
    Welcome to the community!

I had to chuckle, dtp56 been a valued member several years before we joined and commented and discussed things in prior years. As well as being a valued donater to developers. Maybe a re-adjustment in the welcoming plugin to Welcome Back.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Ah... yes. It is too late here I suppose. :D

Welcome back @dtp56!

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Ha thanks a lot and you guys were right, sorry, I must have been uploading an old folder, thanks again!

• @dtp56 welcome back and don't stay away too long this time! :-)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Thanks and you got it (: