HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

This is another test

Sorry, I could not find any appropriate section for testing. Please delete this if you like.

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

Please note that the forums available on vanillaforums.org represent the Vanilla Cloud product and not the OS version.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight said:
    Welcome to the community!

Please note that the forums available on vanillaforums.org represent the Vanilla Cloud product and not the OS version.

Thanks!! What is the difference between two ?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• so OS is self hosted version and it is behind hosted version ?

The stable OS version core is behind the hosted version. It always will be. The hosted version only need's to run on one server architecture/configuration, while the OS version has to run on many.

Search first

• @hgtonight does it work ?

Do mentions work?

I believe so.

Search first

• are there any list of feature or comparison chart for me to see what is included/excluded in the OS from hosted version ?

The default install is pretty barebones. You add everything you want with plugins. The download bundles in 18 plugins. There are over 400 plugins in the addons repo here: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/browse/plugins/recent/2/

Best bet is to install a copy on your localhost and play around with it.

Search first

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited February 2014

@hgtonight correctly said:
    Best bet is to install a copy on your localhost and play around with it.

and the second best bet is asking on vanillaforums.com since they know what the hosted versions does and doesn't do, and many of us on this forum - don't have experience with the hosted version.

are there any list of feature or comparison chart for me to see what is included/excluded in the OS from hosted version ?

here is a small feature chart.

Hosted version - people are paid to answer questions like these and can tell you everything you want to know. And they can support you and do everything you could possibly want. like sitting in the back of a greyhound bus or a limo. You can leave the driving to them.

Non-Hosted version - people are not paid to answer questions like these and can potentially tell you everything you want to know about the non-hosted version. And they can help you support yourself if you want to put in the sweat equity and you can do anything you want, if you know how to develop it. you do the driving, no chaffeur provided.

thats it in a nutshell.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.