HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
IPB support for VanillaPorter (beta)
You can get it here: https://github.com/lincolnwebs/VanillaPorter
Please file issues & pull requests on GitHub. I just ran it and it worked great, but it's not well-tested outside Vanilla's normal ecosystem so your mileage may vary. If I can get a few confirmations I'll release it in the next version of Porter.
Any takers? Anyone with an old IPB db wanna give it a spin for the heck of it?
I want to try importing from IPB 3.3.2 (to Vanilla 2), but actually I need a detailed instruction since I'm not good at forum platforms..
Just got the Vanilla Newsletter and saw this. I have a current fairly big IPB install I'd be happy to convert to Vanilla. I'll grab it and see how it goes.
Forgot that I was using two databases using IPB's archive feature. I have a regular IPB database installed, and also an IPB Archive database for archived topics. I chose the command line way of doing it anyway. I'll outline my steps in case it helps anyone else.
I created a /vanilla/ subdirectory and installed vanilla.
I created a /vanilla/porter/ subdirectory and put the porter files there.
I ran the following command inside the vanilla/porter directory.
I copied the export_database_2014-03-26_110629.txt.gz file to my vanilla/uploads folder.
I logged into the vanilla dashboard and clicked import, chose the export file it detected
and entered the old forums admin email address, clicked start and verified on the next screen
It processed things for a few minutes.
As I browse the converted Vanilla install I notice a few things, otherwise everything looks pretty good.
You could run these queries on your database to ensure everything is BBCode-marked:
If you still have some unformatted BBCode, try the NBBC addon.
It does appear it skips avatars entirely currently; the code is there but it's never called. Very odd; might take a bit of digging to sort that one out.
Thanks for giving it a whirl.
Thanks Lincoln. The queries worked to fix the bbcode issues.