HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

User-specific Activity (wall)

2»

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New MVP

This wiki article is a pretty good resource for starting out with modules: http://vanillawiki.homebrewforums.net/index.php/How_to_Build_a_Simple_Module_and_Integrate_it_as_a_Plugin

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

Are you trying to make a programmer out of me?;-)

• Options
    rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

@peregrine said:
    it is baffling to see people ask questions about plugins and themes when they are putting their forum users at risk by making an insecure forum.

I found the link for installing 2.0.18.10. Is there a link for upgrading?

• Options

Scratch that - I found the info in another response. Would have been nice if it was right on the vanilla forum website or admin dashboard...

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2014

I treat the vanilla documentation like the old game Adventure.

turn left. pick up rock. wave wand. jump out window. cross bridge. There is a large house in a field. Pickup keys. Enter frontdoor. Turn on lightswitch. no lights. turn on flashlight. ... At this point that is the best way to keep sanity. Eventually some time of movement, will make it appear somewhere. Treat it as a game searching for clues.... It's more fun to treat it that way until ....great re-order and organization.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@peregrine‌

Wow, that takes me back!

Lords of Time on the ZX Spectrum; many a happy hour wasted...