Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Tagging Version 1.8.7 problem

Hi.
I just downloaded the latest Tagging from Github and get this error when I click on Settings...

"Bonk Something funky happened. Please bear with us while we iron out the kinks."

Is it just me? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks.

Running Vanilla Version 2.0.18.10

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2014

two things.

1) what error do you get. (that would be the appropriate description - I got a bonk doesn't provide much info).
    2) often retrieving plugins from the master which is the alpha version will not work in 2.0.18.x
    3) you can't always mix and match plugins written for one version of vanilla with another.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Thanks. That was the only error that I saw. I'll see if I can get something more specific.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

What is the actual error?

Bonk is an end user error designed to prevent sensitive information leaking.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Sorry for the delay. My day job keeps getting in the way.
    I'm not sure where to find the actual error. Nothing else came up on the screen.
    However, I removed the Tagging 1.8.7 and it went away. As peregrine said, maybe it is the alpha version.
    Thanks.

• you have to change things in config.php to ger it to reveal more than bonk.

http://vanillawiki.homebrewforums.net/index.php/Bonk_Errors

http://vanillaforums.org/docs/errors

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2014

the other thing you could do is increase categories from 6 to 10 or 12 and make it regions of the world rather than continents. Or separate a few countries out as high profile countries, if they have lots of study-abroad programs.

it doesn't have to be an absolute hierarchy, or tight standard.

you could have say. SE Asia, U.S. , Japan, Antarctica, Brazil ... as particular categories (mixing in continents, regions and countries)

Also, if your site allows sphinxsearch to work as an add-on and you are capable of setting it up - that be another possibility to add to your site. Setting up sphinxsearch does take a bit of skill and need to be allowed by your host server.