Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to create a new panel?

Hi Vanilla Community,
I am running this website: http://www.studfirst.in and i wanna know how to change the placement of my advertisements here.. Please have a look at the present position and help ..
Thanks in advance..!

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

Are you looking to add a second panel, or are you looking to move the current panel visually?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• I want to take this advertisement in a new panel and put that panel in right of the page

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

You will need to modify your theme's master template and CSS. I am not sure how you insert that Ad in the first place (I am guessing you pasted some JS somewhere) but you will need to target your new markup.

Unfortunately I cannot tell you exactly what you need to do. I can outline it though:

1. Edit /themes/{Your_Theme}/views/default.master.tpl file to contain your additional markup for the second panel
    2. Edit /themes/{Your_Theme}/design/style.css to style your new markup as a side panel
    3. Change your ad to target the new markup

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.