Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to take away badges?

I've been using and setting up this plugin since this morning and absolutely love it!

The custom badges are epic, and will add a lot of work gehehe. But it will be worth it!

My website is for an airsoft team, so I wanted to add some manual badges that I can distribute to people who always play a certain role, or contributed to a match/game.

But I noticed when testing, I'm not able to take away badges. Say I made a mistake and gave a rookie the In Charge badge, I won't be able to remove that from his profile.

Or am I missing something?

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Thanks for trying my addon!

Removing badges right now is a manual process. It requires removing the appropriate record in the GDN_BadgeAward table.

It makes sense to offer removal of badges that are manually awarded or currently disabled. Where would you look for the option to remove a badge?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• JanHoosJanHoos
    edited May 2014

Ok great! Thats what I thought but before I dove in to the database I wanted to check to see if I did not miss anything gehehe.

Where I would look for the option? In the Dashboard was where I first started looking, in the badge section. I was expecting a list of users that got the badge. So I would click on a badge and get a list of users.

After I could not find that I went to the users tab and tried to see if your application added an extra field in there. That way you can go to the users and remove each specific badge he or she got.

I also looked on the frontside of the website to see if there was an option: Manage badges when I went to a user profile.

This was, give or take, my thought process in finding a way to remove 'm.

Thanks for your answer!