Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Whoops! You need to enable javascript to do that.

I upgrade my vanilla 2.0.18 to 2.1. Now i cant dismiss or sink the discussion from front end. While i sink or dismiss a discussion the following error showed.

Whoops! You need to enable javascript to do that.

What can i do to avoid this error message. And also the in announcement page the ok and cancel button are not workong properly. No popup box is displayed. Please help...

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Do you have javascript disabled in your browser?

If not, do you have any errors in your console? (ctrl+shift+k opens it up on FireFox)

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

a third possibilty but not as likely as an error you introduced in scripts, or by not enabling javascript in your browser.

if you have a slow connection, this also occurs if you click before the jquery is fully loaded.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• java script is enable in my browser. I am using custom theme ..

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

wait a minute for the page to fully load, and see if you see the errors.

try the default theme, or check your console for js errors.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• EathuisEathuis
    edited December 2014

I know this is probably heavily outdated, but I felt the need to post this.

I experienced the same problem, the cause of which was accidentally removing the "<.a href="{vanillaurl}" class="PoweredByVanilla" title="Community Software by Vanilla Forums">Powered by Vanilla<./a> {asset name="Foot"}" from the "default.master.tpl" when customising my footer. You need to keep the {asset name="Foot"}, to maintain any basic/moderative functionality.

• @Eathuis said:
    I know this is probably heavily outdated, but I felt the need to post this.

I experienced the same problem, the cause of which was accidentally removing the "<.a href="{vanillaurl}" class="PoweredByVanilla" title="Community Software by Vanilla Forums">Powered by Vanilla<./a>" from the "default.master.tpl" when customising my footer. You need to keep it, not only to credit Vanilla Forums for their work, but to maintain any basic/moderative functionality.

it is not the problem of removing the link, the problme is if you remover entire footer asset - that is where you will run into troublem and you should remove the foooter asset ccodding, but changing or removing vanilla link is not going to wreck your js.

• EathuisEathuis
    edited December 2014

I know, thanks for the correction, I included it in my original post, showing what code I removed and where it can be located, even though it's pretty obvious that the footer asset would be in the footer :D