Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Moved] JsConnect tells me something has gone wrong

edited July 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Message by UnderDog:

Don't mind the opening post, we had a necroposter with same problem, but with Vanilla 2.1 (git) and jsconnect with concrete5

Original opening poster is gone, so let's continue with the necroposter, situation at this moment of moving the topic is that he needs to debug into the screen where he gets the message: "something has gone wrong"

/UnderDog

Using Wordpress with the official Vanilla plugin and JsConnect plugin in my Vanilla installation, when I click the 'Save' button, I get a beautiful white screen with uncomfortable smiley, telling me "Something has gone wrong. We've run into a problem and are unable to handle this request right now.
Please check back in a little while."

I'm pretty sure though that checking back in a little while won't work :p

Can anyone tell me what's going wrong? As far as I know I'm filling in the forms on both sides correctly.

Thanks

Vincent

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

For what it's worth, I get the same thing. The json I output from concrete5 is correct and so are the settings I've filled in for this addon.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2014

@Nirgali said:
    For what it's worth, I get the same thing. The json I output from concrete5 is correct and so are the settings I've filled in for this addon.

:)

certainly turning on debugging in vanilla and providing your version number of both vanilla and plugin would be a step forward in resolving.

I get a beautiful white screen with uncomfortable smiley, telling me "Something has gone wrong. We've run into a problem and are unable to handle this request right now. Please check back in a little while."

this signifies to you to turn on debugging for more information.

Until that time we have to assume it involves 2.0 since it is is in the 2.0 category.

yet the error screen probably indicates a version greater than 2.0

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

I got 2.1 from the git repository. I looked for a debug mode before I posted because well... I'm an operations engineer and that's how I roll. The error page happens before the debugging happens, so there are no logs and no debugging details. I'll lace the addon with print statements to see where it is failing.

• Options

Yeah. That turned up nothing. I'm not sure where it's failing.

• Options

So now you have vanilla debugging turned on and you have opportunities to use the decho function to print exactly where you are in the code. The "something has gone wrong" screen is somewhere in the source code, find out where, probably a function.

Now find out where in the source code that function was called

I keep forgetting the PHP function which shows what called the function, calling in the help of @x00, @businessdad, @hgtonight, @peregrine and @r_j (sorry if I missed anyone)

Something like print_r (debug_backtrace())

So ... which function called the function that shows you "something has gone wrong"?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@UnderDog said:
    So now you have vanilla debugging turned on and you have opportunities to use the decho function to print exactly where you are in the code. The "something has gone wrong" screen is somewhere in the source code, find out where, probably a function.

Now find out where in the source code that function was called

I keep forgetting the PHP function which shows what called the function, calling in the help of x00, businessdad, hgtonight, peregrine and r_j (sorry if I missed anyone)

Something like print_r (debug_backtrace())

So ... which function called the function that shows you "something has gone wrong"?

http://php.net/manual/en/function.debug-backtrace.php

Looks right to me :)

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    NirgaliNirgali New
    edited July 2014

Very nice. Logs redacted for privacy. Also note, I added newlines because the debug output does not. I'm not certain about "Unknown column ..." but it looks like maybe jsconnect didn't bootstrap properly. I couldn't find anything in the plugin that modifies the db upon first initialization. I'm at a loss because I'm unfamiliar with vanilla's code base.

29 Jul 2014 - 19:29:40 <DOMAIN> Garden Exception: Unknown column 'IsDefault' in 'field list'|Gdn_DatabaseDebug|Query|insert ignore GDN_UserAuthenticationProvider ('Name', 'AuthenticationKey', 'URL', 'AssociationSecret', 'AuthenticateUrl', 'SignInUrl', 'RegisterUrl', 'SignOutUrl', 'IsDefault', 'AuthenticationSchemeAlias', 'AssociationHashMethod', 'Attributes') values (:Name, :AuthenticationKey, :URL, :AssociationSecret, :AuthenticateUrl, :SignInUrl, :RegisterUrl, :SignOutUrl, :IsDefault, :AuthenticationSchemeAlias, :AssociationHashMethod, :Attributes) in <HOME>/forums/public_html/library/database/class.database.php on 294 29 Jul 2014 - 19:29:40 <DOMAIN> Garden #0 [internal function]: Gdn_ErrorHandler(256, 'Unknown column ...', '<HOME>/for...', 294, Array) 29 Jul 2014 - 19:29:40 <DOMAIN> Garden #1 <HOME>/forums/public_html/library/database/class.database.php(294): trigger_error('Unknown column ...', 256) 29 Jul 2014 - 19:29:40 <DOMAIN> Garden #2 <HOME>/forums/public_html/plugins/Debugger/class.databasedebug.php(101): Gdn_Database->Query('insert ignore G...', Array, Array) 29 Jul 2014 - 19:29:40 <DOMAIN> Garden #3 <HOME>/forums/public_html/library/database/class.sqldriver.php(1650): Gdn_DatabaseDebug->Query('insert ignore G...', Array, Array) 29 Jul 2014 - 19:29:40 <DOMAIN> Garden #4 <HOME>/forums/public_html/library/database/class.sqldriver.php(1114): Gdn_SQLDriver->Query('insert ignore G...', 'insert') 29 Jul 2014 - 19:29:40 <DOMAIN> Garden #5 <HOME>/forums/public_html/plugins/jsconnect/class.jsconnect.plugin.php(491): Gdn_SQLDriver->Insert('UserAuthenticat...', Array) 29 Jul 2014 - 19:29:40 <DOMAIN> Garden #6 <HOME>/forums/public_html/plugins/jsconnect/class.jsconnect.plugin.php(443): JsConnectPlugin->Settings_AddEdit(Object(SettingsController), Array) 29 Jul 2014 - 19:29:40 <DOMAIN> Garden #7 [internal function]: JsConnectPlugin->SettingsController_JsConnect_Create(Object(SettingsController), Array) 29 Jul 2014 - 19:29:40 <DOMAIN> Garden #8 <HOME>/forums/public_html/library/core/class.dispatcher.php(337): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) 29 Jul 2014 - 19:29:40 <DOMAIN> Garden #9 <HOME>/forums/public_html/index.php(46): Gdn_Dispatcher->Dispatch() 29 Jul 2014 - 19:29:40 <DOMAIN> Garden

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2014

That's what this link is for. to read and to add to. :) like I told you in pm

already answered here.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/208168/#Comment_208168

theoretically a milestone in 2.1.1

https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/milestones/2.1.1

re: debugging logs.

https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/issues/1931

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Sorry, I didn't see a pm until you brought it to my attention.