Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Lock-in reactions (disable option to un-react)

I'm using 2.1 stable.

I was wondering if this is possible, since I want the point system to be more reliable (eg. when people 'un-react' they take back points also).

Is it possible to disable that option completely (lock-in once clicked) or maybe set a limited time-frame (like 15 mins when editing posts) for users to take back that reaction or switch (eg. they misclicked on 'Thumbs Up' instead of 'LOL' or something).

Thanks for your help! I'm loving Yaga!

Tagged:

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Thanks for trying my addon!

Points should be removed if a reaction is removed. Is this not the case on your set up?

Locking reactions sounds like a good idea for a plugin. Perhaps a Validation event should be fired on the react controller.

Bookmarking this for further exploration once Yaga 1.0 releases.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight thanks for the fast reply!

Yes, points are removed when a reaction is removed. That's exactly my point. I want to lock-in the reactions (after like 15 mins or even instantly after clicked) so that points won't be removed after like 1 month if the user decides he wants to take it back or whatever.

Do we have an ETA on 1.0? Let me know if you need any help (eg. crowdfunding etc).
    Keep up the good work!

Good to know things are working as expected.

I have 3 open issues before I can release 1.0. The biggest issue I am having difficulties overcoming is lack of a good design aesthetic. I want to offer a complete 'default' set of badges, ranks, and reactions, but I am only 'meh' at graphic design.

You can see open issues here: https://github.com/hgtonight/Application-Yaga/issues?milestone=3&page=1&state=open

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Yes, that is working as expected.

Talking about 'default' set of reactions, I would like to know if its possible to change the current icon set with a new one and how to do that?

I also do not excel at graphic design, but I'd like to create my own reactions.

Yeah, you can change the spritesheet to anything you want. I included the SVG I made to generate the default set at /yaga/design/images/sprites.svg.

Search first

• r0obertr0obert
    edited May 2014

@hgtonight‌ I tried changing just one png (ThumbsUp.png) by uploading and overwriting a new one and it doesn't work (cleared browser & server cache). It shows in the dashboard when editing a reaction but inside comments it shows the old deleted ThumbsUp.png. I surely must be doing something wrong.

You have to modify the action-sprites.png, action-sprites-bordered.png, and action-sprites-white.png files. The individual files are used in the backend.

I plan on making this easier in the future by using an svg font.

Search first

• @hgtonight‌ can I also upload my own action-sprites.png, action-sprites-bordered.png and action-sprites-white.png and overwrite the old ones? I'm not exactly sure how to go about modifying the existing ones or which way is easier to do. If I modify only one (eg. ThumbsUp image) inside those files used in the backend will it work?