HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

I get this message when trying to post a conversation on this forum.

PDO Statement failed to prepare|Gdn_Database|Query|MySQL server has gone away

where has the server gone? vacation? strike? new employment? or apoplexy?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

It has to do with the auto draft I think, I get it once in while when clicking post at the same time the draft is saving...

• Options

is there an autodraft on conversations :)

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

I guess not , I could have sworn there was one .... Maybe they are tweaking something...they never tell us these things. The login form seems to work normally on chrome again...

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

Persistently or was it just for a bit?

• Options

@Linc said:
    Persistently or was it just for a bit?

Intermittently , not something that happens always. I just chalk it up to the ghost in the machine.

• Options

as far the error I saw it only happened repeatedly yesterday. first time I ever had the issue. and haven't seen it since.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

OK, I just wanted to make sure it isn't using up all its vacation days at once.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

I like the new error page. or was it the server busy page on this fourm (can't remember, one of them was pretty good looking).

• Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff

Please tell me if this database issue happens again for you, and exactly what you were trying to do when it happened. Thanks :)

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options

@Tim said:
    Please tell me if this database issue happens again for you, and exactly what you were trying to do when it happened. Thanks :)

yesterday it was when I was posting a private message to vrijvlinder, (conversations).

If i see it again will let you know.

• Options
    edited May 2014

@peregrine said:
    when I was posting a private message to vrijvlinder

Oh, that was probably me pressing the ignore button at the same time you were sending... o:)