Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Posting error

My users are complaining that when they go to post something, an error comes up and makes them log in. I am getting this error SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'dbuser'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Comments

• Options

Also this...

Failed to connect to the database with the username and password you entered. Did you mistype them? The database reported: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'dbuser'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Database Host
    Database Name
    Database User
    Database Password
    Yes, the following information can be changed later.
    Application Title
    Admin Email
    Admin Username
    Admin Password
    Confirm Password

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Does your db have a user called dbuser that has no password?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited May 2014

Your database is not set up right the local host would be on your computer, you need to change that to the proper host your host.

$Configuration['Database']['Host'] = 'domainname.nameofyourhostmysql.com';

You need to set the right database_user & database_password in the config.php

• Options

I don't see a user called dbuser

• Options

Ok, now it's not giving me the error, but new posts are not showing up

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited May 2014

Can you give more info as to where you have this installed ? where is it hosted?

You need to make sure the correct information about the database user name etc is correct inside the config.php and matches what you have in mysql.