Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to change meta description of threads?

Hey all!
I just started using Vanilla Forum for one of my websites. Currently 100 pages have been listed on Google for the forum. There is one slight problem - For all the pages, the meta description that is being displayed is "Howdy, Stranger! It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons! Sign In with Facebook · "...

How can I change this?

Comments

• did you happen to see this when you posted your discussion?

Please include the version number of Vanilla you are using for troubleshooting help. To file a bug report , please instead post details and steps to reproduce on our GitHub project . For addon-specific questions, go to its addon page and click the "Ask A Question" link.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• This line comes by default at the top of all pages if the person is not logged in. So I guess that's why the description also goes as this line. How do I get the Meta Description content to be taken from the thread?

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

You might be interested in this plugin: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/seocompanion-plugin

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.