Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Moderator Permissions - Manage Applicants & Ban Admin

r0obertr0obert
edited May 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I'm using 2.1 stable.

I would like my Moderators to take care of pending applicants. By checking the Garden > Manage > Moderation box they can also ban admin (and delete content) - I don't want to give them those permissions also.

Is there a way around this issue?

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

not easily I don't believe.

you've got to trust your mods.

depends how much you want to modify permissions jungle which can lead to unintended consequences.

maybe someone else can help you on this.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• r0obertr0obert
    edited June 2014

@peregrine‌ where can I find out more about roles and permissions? I want to learn everything I can, maybe I can come up with a solution for this.

What does Conversation > Add; Moderation > Manage; Vanilla > Comments > Me; Vanilla > Approval > Require stand for?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2014

where can I find out more about roles and permissions?

create a test database and experiment and study code, read the wiki, read the documentation (whatever is available), search the forum and with time you learn more and more. that's what pretty much all of us have done. there is no magic. its sweat and tears and the cry of Eureka. I found gold in that code. The only difference now and in the past. There are more forum discussions that explain things a little better.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/20231/how-to-become-somewhat-adept-at-modifying-vanilla-to-meet-your-needs-for-free

looking at the database, experimenting and looking at all the checkpermissions adn other methods in permssions model.

looking at config statements looking at events.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

You can find descriptions of permissions on the wiki here: http://vanillawiki.homebrewforums.net/index.php/Permissions

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.