Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Not working

no buttons appear

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    ftpitftpit New
    edited October 2014

I am getting error in the post @hgtonight in debug mode
    The plugin is not working

"Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$Title in /home/forum/public_html/plugins/SocialSharing/class.sharethis.plugin.php on line 47

Notice: Undefined index: Comment in /home/forum/public_html/plugins/SocialSharing/class.sharethis.plugin.php on line 51"

"Info

Comment.Page.30.2.1: false

Notice Undefined property: stdClass::$Title
    /home/forum/public_html/plugins/SocialSharing/class.sharethis.plugin.php line 47.
    /home/forum/public_html/plugins/SocialSharing/class.sharethis.plugin.php line 93.
    /home/forum/public_html/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php line 705.
    /home/forum/public_html/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php line 638.
    Notice Undefined index: Comment
    /home/forum/public_html/plugins/SocialSharing/class.sharethis.plugin.php line 51.
    /home/forum/public_html/plugins/SocialSharing/class.sharethis.plugin.php line 93.
    /home/forum/public_html/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php line 705.
    /home/forum/public_html/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php line 638. "

• Options

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2014

you can contact the author - see the description.

you may also need to turn off debugging. or remove notices from the debugging. Some plugins will not work if debugging mode is on. But then again, they may not work if debug mode is on and off.

that is why it helps other if you post on....

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/26703/plugins-themes-that-work-and-don-t-work-in-vanilla-2-1

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2014

for vanilla 2.1

The plugin has some odd code in it and extra junk.

if you delete everything in default.php after line 51

delete this line and Every Thing after it

public static $JSCode='
    ';

and replace it with

public function DiscussionController_AfterDiscussionBody_Handler($Sender)
      {
           echo self::$ButtonCode.'';
      }

}

you will get a linkedin button and a tweet button. google and facebook would probably need to be fixed in js.

But basically the whole plugin should be re-written.

to me the whole thing is a perfomance killer

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited October 2014

I would not use that plugin. I also checked it out and made it work but it is not ideal. Use the VShare or the ShareThis plugin instead.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2014

I would not use that plugin. I also checked it out and made it work but it is not ideal. Use the VShare or the ShareThis plugin instead.

nor would I even if I used Social things.

plugin shoul probably should be deleted.