HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Reaction Names/Icons Ideas - What do you guys use?

I really like the "Insightful" (eye icon) - "Awesome" (heart icon) - "LOL" (smile/laugh icon) combo that this forum uses.

Any other ideas? What are you guys using for your own forums?

Thanks!

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

My community forum uses a 'MEH' reaction with a :| smiley and a 'WTF' reaction with a :o smiley.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight I really like the "MEH" - I'm currently using a "GTFO" (with a Thumbs Down) but would like to change that lol.

On a side note - can I simply replace the action-sprites.png, action-sprites-bordered.png and action-sprites-white.png in the application with my own .pngs in order to replace current reactions icon set? If so, would it work if it only has like 4 reactions (ones that I will use), or I need to create all those other ones to pick from?

Thanks!

You can modify the spritesheets in your favorite raster image editor (I like GIMP) or modify the original SVG I included in the design folder with your favorite vector image editor (I like Inkscape) or scrap the entire spritesheet CSS and write your own.

I would think the vector route would be the easiest, but that is just me :D.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight‌ I think I'm gonna take the Inkscape route and try to edit your original SVG file, although I'm not familiar with the software.

So basically, all I have to do is edit the sprites.svg file and overwrite the existing one? That's all?

edited June 2014

@r0obert said:
    So basically, all I have to do is edit the sprites.svg file and overwrite the existing one? That's all?

Yup. You want a more difficult solution?

;)

Search first

• I draw my icons in Paint.NET. Allows me to show my creative side