Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Make thread sticky, Stay at top + Sort Order of Stickies? Disable comments per post?

I have read about how to anounce a thread as sticky, but if you do that with another post, it goes above the previous post.

How exactly can we "Sticky" a post and make it stay at the top permenantly? Is there a way to sort stickied threads?

Another problem I have is that I don't want to disable comments for a whole category, but there isn't an option to disable comments for a specific post. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
Chris

Best Answer

Answers

• cbunting99cbunting99 Texas New

I set custom permissions per category now, or at least figured that out which allows me to disable comments on selected posts. It's just not as easy to notice/set as some other software.

I will look for a bump plugin.. I could probably make changes to the code myself but my day is too busy to do much it seems these days.

Thanks for the reply,
    Chris

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

Closing a discussions will prevent comments from being added.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.