HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Tutorial Videos I Created for my Users

DoyceTDoyceT Model Questioner ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Awhile back, I created some basic tutorial videos for my users, just using Screenflow and an earbud mike. I don't imagine these are of tremendous use unless you're on our forums, but I figured I'd share anyway.

The video series is here and includes:

• Basic "Navigation" broken into three shorter sections.
  • Part Four, focusing on the sub-forums.
  • Part five, covering Discussions, Comments, and Reactions (also the longest, at 18 minutes).
  • Part six, wrapping up with a tour of the Profile page and Account Settings.

Enjoy or deride, at your leisure.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

They look good at a glance. :)

Just in case you were unaware, here are some video tutorials from Vanilla Forums Inc. on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/vanillaforums/videos

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    MaryBorenMaryBoren New
    edited July 2014

These are excellent -- thank you, Doyce! Fortunately, our new forum uses the same theme and a similar layout to yours, so I have taken the liberty of embedding some of your videos into this discussion, also including a link to your writers workshop. Hope that's copacetic.

I'm also very grateful to all the developers and community-minded citizens here who give so much of your time and expertise to put the cherry on top of Vanilla. I'm not a programmer, but hope to be able to contribute something of value in return.

@hgtonight, I'll be checking out the vimeos too -- thanks for that link.