HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

French Transifex have a lot of errors.

K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

Hey!

I start a new discussion because I want to notice the bad French Transifex.

The translations have a lot of french errors, or a lot of untranslated parts.

(Like: "Name commenter sur discussion", in french they have to be "Name a posté un commentaire sur discussion" or "Name a commenté discussion")

I've asked to be a French Transifex translator, but i'm not approved by the Vanilla Transifex team.

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Was @Todd in charge of the transifex teams?

In any case, please be patient while they respond.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Académie française disproves of this translation. It will disprove of subsequent translations also. Only official translations will be accepted. ;)

grep is your friend.

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

I've approved you on the french team @K17‌. Please try and use the shortest of your translations whenever possible to avoid breaking the user interface.

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

@Todd said:
    I've approved you on the french team K17‌. Please try and use the shortest of your translations whenever possible to avoid breaking the user interface.

Thanks!

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

S'il vous plaît utilisez uniquement canadien français, il est le seul qui peut être comprise :D

edited August 2014

@vrijvlinder said:
    S'il vous plaît utilisez uniquement canadien français, il est le seul qui peut être comprise :D

Enfin le français canadien et le français français sont deux choses différentes, pas de beaucoup mais il y a quelques tournures de phrases différentes m. Mais je savais pas qu'il y a fr-CA en pack de langue.

Cela devait être une blague canadien, vous êtes censé rire

@vrijvlinder said:
    Cela devait être une blague canadien, vous êtes censé rire

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    Des barres :)

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2014

@K17 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

finally a word I don't have to translate -> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

must be the same in

French Canadian, French France and English (England and US versions)

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

@peregrine said:

You don't speak french ?
    It's easy or not to translate french ?

Does not work in Spanish , it is jajajaja and if a German or Dutch reads that it says yes yes yes not hahahaha. But hahahaha also works in spanish if used and is taken as jajajaja not yes yes yes... I prefer hahahaha over jajajaja ;)

@vrijvlinder said:
    Does not work in Spanish , it is jajajaja and if a German or Dutch reads that it says yes yes yes not hahahaha. But hahahaha also works in spanish if used and is taken as jajajaja not yes yes yes... I prefer hahahaha over jajajaja ;)

Pronunce yayaya, it's very strange XD But hahaha works in german :) it was a natural sound throug a lot of languages.

Yes and it is 100% better than lol... specially because the emotion is transferred as you type hahahahahhaha ha ! It is more genuine than lol , but lmao is good and roflmao is also good. What would the French be for those?

I am sure there is something...to translate LMAO = RMC= Rire mon cul?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2014

vbmccupcmd = votre blague me chatouille comme une plume chatouille mon derrière

vbmccupcmd is the french way for saying lmao

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

bwahahahha yes but Todd said it needs to be short as possible so it does not break the UI

edited August 2014

@peregrine said:
    vbmccupcmd = votre blague me chatouille comme une plume chatouille mon derrière

vbmccupcmd is the french way for saying lmao

What is lmao ? Lick my *** o____?

Only a french man would think that !!! no it means Laughing my ass off :D

@vrijvlinder said:
    Yes and it is 100% better than lol... specially because the emotion is transferred as you type hahahahahhaha ha ! It is more genuine than lol , but lmao is good and roflmao is also good. What would the French be for those?

I am sure there is something...to translate LMAO = RMC= Rire mon cul?

RMC is a radio station. I see it different now.
    RMC can be :
    Radio mes couilles
    Radio mon cul
    Rire mon cul....
    And more XD
    (je suis désolé pour les francophones qui peuvent trouver ca vulgaire)

• AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP
    edited August 2014

@k17, it's not that crude :): Laugh My Ass Off

This is handy: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:English_internet_slang

edited August 2014

Yes thats because saying ass is not as frowned upon as saying ass in another language. And perhaps LMAO keeps it from reading too vulgar if someone finds the word ass, offensive. Just tell them ass is a donkey. That will make them laugh their asses off...