Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

"Could not instantiate mail function" in 2.1.1 on BlueHost

2»

Comments

• Options
    DoyceTDoyceT Model Questioner ✭✭✭
    edited August 2014

Thanks!

I was able to change one of the PHP options on my account (enabled Oauth support) which, as a side effect, created a local php.ini file in my /public_html directory. Once that was there, I edited it and set max_input_vars to 2000 (my current worst case scenario is 400 categories at ~2 years).

That should, if nothing else, clear up that error, which actually isn't related to the original problem. Hooray!

For the original problem, I'm working to get SMTP working, but (despite being able to log into the Google Apps Education smtp server manually) I'm still working to get Vanilla to successfully access it.

I'm hopeful that if I can sort that out, the random failures regarding notifications should clear up.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2014

you can check phpinfo - to verify change of options was implemented.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    DoyceTDoyceT Model Questioner ✭✭✭
    edited August 2014

@peregrine said:
    you can check phpinfo - to verify change of options was implemented.

Hmm. This makes me think it didn't take:

http://nila.edu/info.php

**Edit: **Nope. I see it.