Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Why can guests react to posts?

2»

Comments

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2014

@cclubb

1 - you still need to alter the permissions table. if Yaga.Reactions.Add has a 1 for a role they will be able to react. if it has a 0 they will NOT be able to react.

2 - vanilla.comments.add - may not be a good reflector - since it can be zero for ancillary admins in admin role - yet you can still comment as admin.

but you can't react - if Yaga.Reactions.Add is not set to 1 in your database. Bottomline at this point.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@peregrine said:
    cclubb

1 - you still need to alter the permissions table. if Yaga.Reactions.Add has a 1 for a role they will be able to react. if it has a 0 they will be able to react.

2 - vanilla.comments.add - may not be a good reflector - since it can be zero for ancillary admins in admin role - yet you can still comment as admin.

but you can't react - if Yaga.Reactions.Add is not set to 1 in your database. Bottomline at this point.

Are we still talking about group2 here? 0 makes the reactions table disappear completely (thus keeping them from voting but making it invisible - which I don't like) and 1 leaves it the way it is -- with them being able to see it AND vote.

Apparently the Yaga.Reactions.View value does nothing -- but the database entry of Yaga.Reactions.Add seems to be adjusting the View ...

Think ima just wait for @hgtonight to figure this one out. lol

• Options

Apparently the Yaga.Reactions.View value does nothing -- but the database entry of Yaga.Reactions.Add seems to be adjusting the View

seems so

Think ima just wait for @hgtonight to figure this one out. lol

amen. good idea.

you're in "good hands" with hgtonight, tonight. :) .

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    cclubbcclubb New
    edited September 2014

Indeed. I have nothing but faith in @hgtonight. I'm sure he will get this bug ironed out in no time!

@peregrine - Off topic, but you wouldn't happen to know what quote and comment buttons addons are being used on these forums would ya? There are several options and you seem to be a walking (typing?) encyclopedia of all things addon. :)

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2014

@cclubb said:
    Indeed. I have nothing but faith in hgtonight. I'm sure he will get this bug ironed out in no time!

peregrine - Off topic, but you wouldn't happen to know what quote and comment buttons addons are being used on these forums would ya? There are several options and you seem to be a walking (typing?) encyclopedia of all things addon. :)

that would be a new discussion topic wouldn't it?

variation of:

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/quotes-plugin

as far as editor that was answered in another discussion within the hour. look at the discussions commented upon in the last hour.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/215769/#Comment_215769

you may have not been able to find above comment because the discussion title didn't reflect the question :)

also documentation is handy. :) it's a bigger encyclopedia... :wink:

http://docs.vanillaforums.com/developers/community/

hgtonight can split this off :)

• Options

Thanks for the info. And yes, it was worthy of a new discussion. I do apologize- My bad.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I agree the permissions for reactions are unintuitive. I used a single namespace, 'Yaga.Reactions.', to reduce the confusion but I don't think I communicated what the permissions do very well.

• Yaga.Reactions.Add shows the action bar on posts and allow users to click on them to create a reaction
    • Yaga.Reactions.Manage allows users to add/edit/delete actions
    • Yaga.Reactions.View allows a user to see reactions that have been recorded
    • Yaga.Reactions.Edit allows a user to remove reactions and is currently not actually used

Actions are what are set up in the backend by an administrator. Reactions are the result of a user taking an action against a specific piece of user generated content.

As far as the specific issue you are having, I think I am going to change the 'Yaga.Reactions.Add' default to 0 for the time being.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Hi!

I'm having the same problem with yaga and vanilla 2.1.5, guests can click on reactions.

I've tried setting 'Yaga.Reactions.Add' without any results.

Am I the only one? :\

• Options

@rustman said:
    Hi!

I'm having the same problem with yaga and vanilla 2.1.5, guests can click on reactions.

I've tried setting 'Yaga.Reactions.Add' without any results.

Am I the only one? :\

You need to do what @peregrine said in his comment: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/215696/#Comment_215696

I just released 1.0.3 which includes this fix here: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/yaga-application

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    rustmanrustman New
    edited November 2014

Hey hgtonight!

I've downloaded 1.0.3 and updated Yaga, overwriting old files.

React buttons are not showing up for logged users now, only for guests. :(

I'm using vanilla 2.1.5 with pure theme.

• Options

@rustman said:
    Hey hgtonight!

I've downloaded 1.0.3 and updated Yaga, overwriting old files.

React buttons are not showing up for logged users now, only for guests. :(

I'm using vanilla 2.1.5 with pure theme.

Downloading an update won't change your db. Run /utility/structure.

Then modify your guest role record in the db per peregrine's comment.

Search first