Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

how much would it cost to get a server to run this

I have been looking for hours at different vpn options. But i'm worried since all of them have transfer limits. some are quite large in size like 1TB and 4 TB ect. To run a site that maybe has like 100k users though out the day how much transfer bandwidth would you think it would use in a month ? would 1tb be enough or 4 or would it be a lot higher ?
also do i have to host my site on the same vps or can i use shared hosting for the site and just the vpn for sphinix? Also if anyone has some low cost solutions they use i'm all ears.

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I have run a few installs of Sphinx on Digital Ocean which starts at $5 a month. I also host the Vanilla install on there.

Not sure how high you would have to go in terms of scaling by users.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.