HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

My Suggestions for YAGA

edited September 2014 in Feedback

I have been using YAGA for a while now, I have a few suggestions for it. If anything has been suggested before, my apologies. I'm just posting things I've thought of.

• Reorder Awards (this has to be the one I really want ASAP)
  • Award Category (like display an award under a heading)
  • Add awards page to navigation menu option/toggle
  • Include some award templates/premade icons
  • Restrict reactions based on criteria (post count, account age, etc.)
  • Option to restrict how many times a user can use that reaction per day (ex: they can only like 5 posts a day) (this is another option I would like ASAP)
  • Ranks templates/premade icons
  • When the point amount changes (edited by administrator), it changes everyone's point amount that has that award (the other one I want ASAP, personally)
  • Ability to take or add from a users points or set it to an amount
  • Leaderboard based on criteria (ability to remove admins from points leaderboard)
  • Remove an award from someone (admin permission)
  • Ability to add custom icons to Reactions
  • Reaction icon themes
  • Toggle the ability for guests to "react"

If there's anything else, I'll add it in the comments below.

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Thanks for trying my addon!

I also want to thank you for taking the time to give me some feedback. What version of Yaga are you running?

1. Reorder Awards: Where are you looking to sort these?
    2. Award Category: I don't understand this, could you expand upon it a little more?
    3. Add awards page: Are you thinking something different than the badges page? Visit http://forums.example.com/badges to see what is currently there.
    4. Include some award templates/premade icons: There is a whole set of premade icons included in the /design folder.
    5. Restrict reactions based on criteria (post count, account age, etc.): This can be done by using ranks to determine the criteria with the perk of a permission. Then define the actions with the permission their rank earns them.
    6. Option to restrict how many times a user can use that reaction per day (ex: they can only like 5 posts a day). This is interesting. How would you communicate the limits? This could probably be done via a plugin.
    7. Ranks templates/premade icons: There is a default transport file included in the /design folder.
    8. When the point amount changes (edited by administrator), it changes everyone's point amount that has that award: This is a deliberate design decision. Yaga Points are like a record. That said, the recalculation code would be trivial to implement in a plugin.
    9. Ability to take or add from a users points or set it to an amount: Is the intent to start users out with a specific balance or to punish people?
    10. Leaderboard based on criteria (ability to remove admins from points leaderboard): this is a really good idea. Would you want to exclude users based on their rank, role, id?
    11. Remove an award from someone (admin permission): Is this a really common occurrence? I ask because the only time I have removed Badge Awards is when I was testing out new rules. This could also be done via a plugin pretty easily.

If my understanding is correct, I need so more explanation on 1, 2, and 10. 3, 4, 5, and 7 are already implemented and I do not want to add 6, 8, 9, 11 to the core Yaga.

I will add 6, 8, 9, 11, and possibly 2 to my list of Yaga plugins.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    edited September 2014

Wow quick response, thanks @hgtonight‌.
    Before, I must say. Wonderful application. Love it to death!
    I'm running 1.0 by the way.

Okay, so I'm going to list each one.

1. Like you do with categories. So you can order and display them how you want on the page and all that.
    2. Like headings. Such as... Heading/Category: Posting Awards > Under that category/heading is all the awards relating to posting. This can be associated with reorder awards. This would be completely custom. None by default.
    3. I mean like option to add it the the top navigation menu. Right now, I have to go to the page. There's no link in the menu. If that makes sense. I could add it, but some themes don't like it very much! And I haven't found a good navigation menu plugin.
    4. Okay, thank you.
    5. Could you expand on this a little more? I want to make sure I know exactly how to do it. Although I may mess around when I get home.
    6. Okay, would be nice to have. And like restrict the user based on rank or role or post count. So if you're a premium member, you can have as many likes a day as you want. You could like every post on the board if you want. However, if you're just a member...you can only like 10 posts a day. Hope that makes more sense.
    7. Okay, thank you.
    8. Hm, okay. It's just annoying because I wanted to globally change points of users who received it and all that when I changed a point amount. Without having to go in and change it all in the DB.
    9. Well it's more like, if you want a username change...100 points. Take the 100 points from them. Make sense?
    10. Yes, so for example. You could make it so admins aren't displayed in the leaderboard.
    11. Well, if I accidentally give myself or someone an award, I need a way to revoke it and the points. This has happened to me more than it should. It's quite embarrassing.

To expand on 10. Maybe a multi-leaderboard could be added?
    So you can add another leaderboard to the awards page. Like one is all members (including admin) and one is just members (excludes admins). Does that make sense?

• Options

The badge suggestions you made are going to be in 1.1: https://github.com/hgtonight/Application-Yaga/issues?q=is:open+is:issue+milestone:1.1

I really do think the others would make good plugins.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Awesome! Can't wait @hgtonight‌!

Any ETA of v1.1? :smiley:

• Options

@MatthewACS said:
    Awesome! Can't wait hgtonight‌!

Any ETA of v1.1? :smiley:

Oh boy, let us just say TBA.

Search first

• Options
    subdreamersubdreamer San Jose, CA

Mass/bulk manual awards for multiple users would be nice, too. :)

• Options
    edited October 2014

Oops, just logged back in! D:

@hgtonight said:
    Oh boy, let us just say TBA.

:( </3 Okay :(

@subdreamer said:
    Mass/bulk manual awards for multiple users would be nice, too. :)

It really would, but I've never really needed something like that. Thankfully.