Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla Forum comment integration stops working after Wordpress 4.0 upgrade?

edited October 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I had Vanilla Forum comment integration working fine in Wordpress, and after I upgraded to Wordpress 4.0 it stopped :-(

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Answers

• I've now found that even with the comment system turned off, parts of it are still enabled :-(

On my wordpress homepage, even though I'm back to using Wordpress comments, the old vanilla comments links still show and links to #vanilla-comments.

it's so broke I've had to disable the entire plugin - so sad since it worked good in 3.x.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I wish I could help you. :(

You could try upgrading to Vanilla 2.1 and see if that helps. I would set up a test environment as 2.1 is quite different from 2.0.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Thank you for your reply hgtonight - looks like I chose the wrong section as I am running 2.1

I went ahead and moved it to Vanilla 2.1 Help.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Thanks hg!

No problem, I hope someone comes along that can help you. :)

Search first

• Sadly still no answer, so I'm looking at migrating to something else now :-(

• x00x00 MVP
    edited October 2014

Basically these sorts of questions will fall on deaf ears, becuase there is no details or no link.

grep is your friend.