Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

YAGA with Bootstrap embedded

@hgtonight‌ - I'm new to Vanilla and love the YAGA app and hope I can get it up and running on my forum. I may not need all the bells and whistles but I'd like to know more about a few possible fixes.

Vanilla 2.1.3 - Are these 'curable' for my site:

1. The 'promote' pointer is lingering offset under the text.
  2. The tooltip or popover text is 'Yaga.Reactions.RecordFormat'
  3. The 'Yaga.BestContent.Recent' is blank (I promoted one test post, maybe not promoted enough to display?).
  4. Can the yaga.xxxxx.xxxxx wording throughout be altered to reflect different phrasing? (ie Promoted Posts, etc)

Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

Forgot to include: forum.showstuff.org (also embedded on showstuff.org/forum.html)

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2014

same as most things.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/26597/tutorial-how-to-change-wording-how-to-change-text-how-to-change-language-how-to-change-locale

he has definitions in yaga/locale/en-CA/definitions.php

is your default locale en-CA -

if not make it your default locale. or copy all the defintions to your language.

or copy them to /conf/locale.php

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/20231/how-to-become-somewhat-adept-at-modifying-vanilla-

http://docs.vanillaforums.com/developers/locales/

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

You need to refresh the locale cache manually to make the application locale take effect. This is due to a bug in the application enabling code.

From the installation instructions:

1. Finally, you need to delete the /cache/locale_map.ini file to force refresh the locale definitions.

The other issue you are having is probably theme specific CSS conflicts.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2014

@hgtonight said:
    You need to refresh the locale cache manually to make the application locale take effect. This is due to a bug in the application enabling code.

From the installation instructions:

you could also go to locales in dashboard and click save, i believe it should load the yaga locales without making you go thru cpanel or ssh to delete the ini files.

dashboard/settings/locales

@hgtonight As an aside .... (you probably thought of this and decided against it).

but you could force locale refresh in

applications/yaga/views/yaga/settings.php - wouldn't be to intrusive, or maybe it would.

Gdn::Locale()->Refresh();

wouldn't be very clean, just a kludge.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2014

or just a note in the settings screen to go to Locales and click save if you just enabled this plugin.

also:
    http://hgtonight.github.io/Application-Yaga/en/class-QnAAnserCount.html

should be answer with a w in the class

• Options

Thanks, I will track through your posts and see if I can get it going...

What about the floating pointer icon under the post?

• Options

thanks to you both.. still learning...

BTW, the floating pointer (promote) icon issue was that I did not have the gravatar plugin added and that user did not have an icon. Once that was resolved, it displayed properly.