Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Export from vBulletin 4 won't import

I used the latest version of Porter to export a vBulleting 4.2.1 and it will not import. I tells keeps telling me that the email and password are incorrect. I'm using the email and password from admin user No. 1. I tried two other admin user email and passwords and they fail also.

Any suggestions? I really want to leave vBulletin behind!

Comments

• Also, is it normal for the porter export file to be 1/5 the size of the original database in .sql exported format? Because when I export the MySQL database to a .sql file it is about 1GB in size. But the porter export file is only about 200MB. That seems hard to believe.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@pcchenard Try the "Use my current password" option rather than entering the old one.

It's normal for it to be a fraction of the size. vBulletin has a 'words' table that contains a bajillion rows alone that Vanilla doesn't use.

• Nope, that didn't work either. I think the problem I'm having here is that I'm the third admin to take over this forum. The last one modified the original admin account to not be an admin. I have no idea what else he may have done. How do I know exactly what account credentials it is looking for?

This is very frustrating!

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

It doesn't really matter. You can choose any valid user's email address and they will become the admin on the new forum. They just have to be not banned.