Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Verify Minecraft Username 1.2 not working in 2.1.6

Just installed this plugin, enabled it, looked around on the registration page/edit profile page and there's no trace of the plugin. Any help?

Also, not sure if this is landing in the correct place to ask this. I'm sure a mod will move the discussion if I'm in the wrong place.

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Look at the code of the plugin:

$Username = $FormValues['Name'];
    if(file_get_contents('http://minecraft.net/haspaid.jsp?user=' . $Username) == 'false') {
      $Sender->Form->AddError('Please enter a valid Minecraft username.');

The name that you specify during registration is compared with a premium minecraft username. Registration in your forum will not be possible if such a name doesn't exist.

That way the plugin ensures that all usernames are valid Minecraft usernames, but the accounts are not linked - there is no validation if the forum user really is that Minecraft user.
    Because this check is missing, your users don't have to enter any more Minecraft account related informations than only choosing an existing Minecraft name as their username.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Thanks for trying my addon!

The plugin is invisible unless the user selects a non-premium minecraft username as their Vanilla username.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.