Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Disappearing Discussion

There is a sticky discussion on my message board that SOME users can't see in the Discussions list. Some are still posting, but others can't even see it. It's NOT hidden. I can see it, but when I go to my office computer (in the same network as my home computer) I can't see it either. The role of the viewer has no bearing either. The discussion is here: http://mormonmomma.com/board/comments.php?DiscussionID=18&page=1#Item_7 ANY insights appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    I see the word "zero" in the upper lefthand corne of the forum page when I go to it. Do you know why that is there?
  • Options
    No, I don't see that. Can you also see the regular page or just the word "zero"? THANK YOU for looking!
  • Options
    When I am NOT logged in, I do see the "zero" and also see: Some problems were encountered The requested discussion could not be found. Is there a setting that disallows those who are NOT signed in from viewing discusssions?
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    I can see the regular page but with an error that there is something wrong with that discussion. What is the discussion name that has the problem?
  • Options
    *Sticky* 07.2006 A Heart Like His: Making Space for God's Love in Your Life
  • Options
    This post is the ONLY one that is not in the general category, but in it's own category, btw.
  • Options
    I only see the General category. Can you see the other category in admin?
  • Options
    Yes, in fact anyone who is LOGGED IN can see the other categories from what I can tell. It's only those who aren't logged in that can't see the other category.
  • Options
    Did you somehow block this category from everyone? In admin, under settings, look at the category in question.
  • Options
    No, it's not blocked. It has the option to "block category" but is not blocked. I'll try blocking and unblocking to see if it releases it.
  • Options
    Can you see it now?
  • Options
    No. Do you have it blocked?
  • Options
    No, I blocked it and the unblocked it again. I have looked at the category settings and can't see anything that would hide a category from those who are not logged in.
  • Options
    there is a place that says: Roles allowed to take part in this category I have not checked the button for "banned" members. But I assume that "take part" means to post to the discussion. And don't see how this would apply to those who aren't logged in.
  • Options
    Well, I'm not a member, just browsing and can't see it which is correct. Can you log in as another user and see if you see it?
  • Options
    I can try the admin account. But I DO know that others can see it, as they have been posting to it. And since they can't post unless they are logged in, they must have been logged in. I have no indication that anyone logged in hasn't been able to see it.
  • Options
    There's only 2 ways that I know of from stopping someone from see a Category. One is that you can Block it from everybody. The other is to only allow certain users to see it.
  • Options
    This category DOES allow "unauthenticated" users to "participate." The category is not blocked. I don't even know how to seletively allow viewing. Could you tell me how allow only certain viewers to see it? I do know about whisper and hidden. Niether apply in this case.
  • Options
    Thanks for your help, jimw. Still can't resolve this. Anyone else?
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I haven't read the entire discussion so far, but I'd say it is likely a category/role permission thing. Go into category management and make sure that the roles your regular members are assigned to are allowed to see that category.
This discussion has been closed.