Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Announcements Dominate Recent

On our forum, we have quite a number of Announcements spread throughout all the categories. Unfortunately, these are all sorted above all other topics in Recent Discussions, regardless of date. Is this intentional? Is there anything I can do to fix it other than mod? I didn't see an option in the Dashboard.

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

That is what announcements are designed to do. They are "pinned" or "stickied" to the top of the discussion list.

You can make them announcements in their categories and they won't who up in the recent discussion list unless they have recent activity.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• agcyphersagcyphers Nooooop.

Ahhhh. There's the keywords I needed to hear... "in their categories". Based on this, I went in to these announcements and changed them from "In the category and recent discussions." to "In the category." Might be worth noting in the Import/Export for vBulletin that ALL stickied posts on your vB installation will be set to show announced in Recent in Vanilla.