Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

authentication url sso

please i am using the jsconnect and autoconnect plugins for sso, while setting it up, i am having a problem filling all the fields.
for example,how do i locate this page:

Authenticate Url
The location of the jsonp formatted authentication data.

an example will be appreciated.

then after doing that, i saw that i have to place a vanilla_sso signature under the embed code, but the thing is that i don't know how to generate the string even after reading the documentation.
thanks for your help in advance.

Comments

• Options

yes i did, i just don't know where to place them.

• Options

now i can't even locate my forum after installing the autoconnect plugin, i mean i practically can't access the forum, its like it's not there even.
    please how do i get it back on.

• Options
    rasteronrasteron forum.rastercode.com ✭✭
    edited February 2015

If you're trying to do a facebook or twitter connect for SSO, you can just make do with the built-in social connect located under Forum->Social. Just provide the appropriate api keys.

• Options

not that, it's the embed sso, the problem is that i cant even get the forum back on now, it,s like its totally missing, the url does not show vanilla forum anymore

• Options
    edited February 2015

ah ok gotcha.

the problem is that i cant even get the forum back on now, it,s like its totally missing, the url does not show vanilla forum anymore

that's a bummer though. I would recommend next time that you have a sandbox site to test out new things like this one so your live site won't be affected.

• Options

If enabling this plugin caused you the error, you can try deleting the uploaded problem plugin folder for now and download your site conf/config.php file. make a backup copy of this and try and edit out the line with the Enabled Plugin jsconnect line. Save and reupload it and see if that restores your site before the crash.

• Options

yea, just need to get back on.
    what do i do?
    it actually shows like its loading, but doesn't show the discussions.
    i wanted to place the embed code again, dunno if you can help with a sample

• Options
    edited February 2015

glad you got your site back on. honestly I have not tried jsconnect yet but I'm sure @x00 and the other guys here can help you out with that particular problem. :)

• Options

it's actually not on since it doesn't render the forum page, it just loads and stops.

• Options

What are you actually doing, are you trying to connect to custom software? This requires coding knowledge.

You need to create the authentication url in this case, if you are thinking this a ready solution for every piece of software you are mistaken.

Otherwise if you are using a framework like Wordpress there are plugins to integrate with jsConnect.

grep is your friend.

• Options

There is no reason to change vanilla code, so if you have modified code that could be why you are having issues.

grep is your friend.

• Options

yea, am ok with coding, i have found seen where to place the files, the main problem is now getting the forum back on, its embedded, i placed the embed code correctly again but it still just loads and shows a blank page

• Options

how do i get back the page please?

• Options

milly you need be a lot clearer what it is you have done. We are not psychic.

For one embedding and SSO are different things.

grep is your friend.

• Options

yea, am sorry, when i posted the question on the sso, the forum was still visible, but now it doesn't.
    and after reading the documentation for jsconnect, i have seen how to generate the sso, now my main problem is how to get the forum back on.

• Options

Yes but nothing should have changed with vanilla.

You are saying thing like "i have seen how to generate the sso", but you aren't providing workings so how are we supposed to interpret that?

The question appears to be you read some documentation, and somehow by reading documentation vanilla doesn’t work any more. See how that doesn't really make sense?

Either there is something you haven't mentioned, or there is unrelated issues.

grep is your friend.

• Options

ah I see

autoconnect plugin which pluign is this? it is not one in the addons section

You need to edit your conf/config.php and remove

$Configuration['EnabledPlugins']... line for it.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Do you mean jsConnect Auto SignIn?

grep is your friend.

• Options

x00 so sorry for the confusion, the i am just looking for a way to get back online now,
    i checked out the jsautoconnect plugin, guess it will solve the issue.

thanks.

i honestly don't know how my database host changed to local in conf file.
    could that be why i am not seeing the forum?