Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

a dating/community script?

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2006
    You can see a test-version of the dating script at:

http://www.jazzman.nl/test

Note: It's in dutch language, but you can get an idea :) Feel free to create an account and play with it
  • Options
    That Bill's cute! ; )
  • Options
    The design looks good. And I can see another potential use for the script. It looks like it could be used in anything where you would want to look for something in a category to buy or trade. Say you set up a place to sell antiques or something like that.
  • Options
    I use the original Vanilla install, but I've stripped the discussion/comments/category parts. I've added an extra table to store profile information. You could easily build an auction/buy-sell website with Lussumo's Framework. The dating site could also be used as a community site... tons of options here :)
  • Options
    ToivoToivo New
    edited August 2006
    why? dating site with some flirty discussions may be more interesting direction. whispering & dating site would sync quite well.
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    yee haaa, great work, Jazzman! I signed up there now.....hope you like my cat Fluffy in the picture (she is on top of my monitor, as usual) Will it be easy to change/add new questions/sections to the profile? And able to add more than one picture? @ jimw - I totally agree, Jim. The main part of my own website is focussed on offering free listings to holiday/vacation homes. And it is built on the cms, joomla....with a commercial script (called Hot Property) sitting on top of joomla. It works well. I have had it up for about 18 months. But I just think that it is too bulky and cumbersome for what i want to do. eg if joomla has an update or new security fix, then I have to watch for that constantly and it has to be installed. And the commercial script, hot property, is written by someone in Singapore (very decent bloke). But there are just too many variables. The chain can easily break down. If on the otherhand, I had something like Jazzman' script, life would be a lot simpler. It could be applied to property rentals, sales, auctions, dating, and a host of other areas.
  • Options
    i don't speak dutch LOL but it seams nice ... i am here if you need some help ...
  • Options
    wow, thats awesome. nice work dude.
  • Options
    i am here too Jazzman if you need any help. i am no good at coding, but i can test, and do photoshop work.
  • Options
    I dabble in code and can test, too, if you need help.
  • Options
    I'll translate it to English before I continue :) Else the testing will be hard ;)

Btw.. I'm moving this weekend and will be a few days without internet. So jazzman.nl won't be reachable :)
  • Options
    moving house dude? yee-haaa. Good luck with the move and the new house. ps - i used babbelfish last night to translate the test site....came up with some funny translations of the site. :)
  • Options
    fuchkafuchka New
    edited August 2006
    actually I registered and jumped around dating script without translation. It was quite interesting. I forgot about babbelfish translation service ...
  • Options
    same with me fuchta....i registered and had fun working out where to click on next. And my cat's pic went up, Fluffy. :3) But for a kick, i went to babbelfish last night.....funny translations in places. I love the script. Great work, Jazz!
  • Options
    Jazz, hope you got moved ok to your new place. I will be moving here soon myself - and the thought of all the stuff to be boxed and organised, scares me.
  • Options
    need a friends with benefits website lol
  • Options
    <bump> Jazzman, any latest news on your dating script? I love your work. If you decide to share, I'd happily pay you for a copy of the script.
  • Options
    fuchkafuchka New
    edited October 2006
    yes ... i am also very interested ... and willing to pay for it because all other community scripts I saw suck ... .D
This discussion has been closed.