Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

I Just Noticed a Strange Bug



  • Options
    SkismaSkisma New
    edited April 2015

    I've tried some additional troubleshooting.

    First I tried flipping the two functions so that BeforeNotification was below DeleteComment. I know this seems silly, but with BeforeNotification working fine before I added DeleteComment and then DeleteComment worked while BeforeNotification stopped, it seemed like something worth trying.

    Result: DeleteComment continued to work, while BeforeNotification still did not.

    Next, I tried removing DeleteComment since BeforeNotification was working perfectly prior to me adding it.

    Result: BeforeNotification still did not work.

    Finally, after all else has failed, I went back to my post earlier in this discussion where I posted the entire working plugin script. I copied and pasted it in, hoping that clear out any possible error I may have accidentally made.

    Result: BeforeNotification still did not work.

    I have no idea what to do at this point. Please is someone could provide some insight on possibilities here. It does not make any sense to me how I had a working plugin, and now after using the EXACT same code, it isn't working. Please keep in mind that there are no fatal errors. The plugin is able to be activated and everything, just the execution of CustomCount being increased isn't working.

  • Options

    @hgtonight is there any insight you might be able to provide? I'm not sure what to do at this point. I had a perfectly good, working plugin, and now with the exact same code it's not working. I recently upgraded to 2.1.9, but this can't be a possibility because the BeforeNotification function stopped working before I upgraded.

  • Options

    @Bleistivt do you have any clue here? I can't understand how the plugin was working perfectly prior to 4/12/15, but now with the exact same code, it's not.

  • Options
    BleistivtBleistivt Moderator

    I don't know. It's a plugin you built that is very specific to your needs. You can't expect us to debug it for you.

    The log you posted earlier suggests that the UserID can't be retrieved from the object.

    You said that adding the second function broke the first one, but in fact you changed the first one.
    Read my last post from March 28 again.

  • Options

    @Bleistivt Dude I can honestly say that I've been extremely careful about what I've modified and I have NO clue how I somehow reverted back to the original BeforeNotification function. Just before I added the DeleteComment function the original function was working with the correct code. Somewhere between then and the time I added the second function I must have overridden the first function with the old code. I legit have no clue how that happened, but thank you for pointing that out to me!

    This is all working now so I think I can finally move on! Thanks so much for all of the help guys!

Sign In or Register to comment.