Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

YAGA: Ranks deny sign-in

So I awarded someone the rank of Administrator, and found out that he couldn't log in after. I did some troubleshooting, and both Administrator and Moderator prevented sign-in. I checked the roles and they all have Garden.Signin.Allow checked. It works for me, but I'm using an admin account.

Anyway, I tested with another account and the same thing happened. I give it Rank: Administrator (which was imported from the zip file) and it disallows sign-in.

Comments

• Options
    Jonathan WJonathan W Scranton, PA

I should also mention that I deleted the rank of Administrator and recreated it - still saying "Permission Denied" on the sign-in screen.

• Options

More testing - These options:
    Content Curation
    Edit Signature
    Add Tags

If they are GRANTED, not default or revoked, it will block sign-in.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited April 2015

Would you mind enabling the Debugger addon (assuming you are running 2.1.9) and sharing the full permission error?

EDIT - I really appreciate you posting errors and bug reports, btw. :)

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Forgive me for being new to Vanilla Forums - but I enabled debugging, but there's no permission error. I don't even get past the sign-in screen. If you'd like, I'm going to leave debugging on and PM you account credentials so you can see.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Thanks for the help in getting a debug session up. I have responded to your PM.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.