Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Site freezes when clicking "Preview"

Hello fellow Vanilla users.

I'm not quite sure why this bug has happened. I'm using the embeded version of Vanilla Forums, 2.1.9.

So what happens is, when I make a new discussion, and want to preview it, it freezes the page without showing the preview. All I can see is the "New Discussion" window.

What do you guys think could this to happen?

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

It could be anything, hard to guess, but you should know that the embed is the same thing as the stand alone. So saying it is an embed, only points to the place it is embedded as the source of the problem.

Does this happen on the real forum ? Any errors ? have your tried to debug ?

• Options

Seems to work on the real forum, maybe its the popup blocker that stops the "preview" from showing?

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

The popup is a modal, which means unless you have an aggressive plugin, it shouldn't be "blocked".

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    PFAFFPFAFF
    edited August 2015

@Zlexpro, did you solve this? My site seems to be experiencing the same issue. Does seem to only happen in embedded version of site.

Edited: Further details; preview seems to work when I test it in Firefox, but freezes in Chrome.

• Options

I changed out my text editor and it seems to work now. Must've been the WYSIWYG (CLEditor) plugin doing something.