HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

"Page not found" in Safari for embedded forum with UTF8 category names

AmiraliAmirali New
edited May 2015 in Feedback

Hi.

I have this strange issue with embedded forum (2.1.9) in wordpress when viewing with Safari (latest version). The forum is in Persian(Farsi) language and therefore category names are unicode characters. everything seems fine in any other browser but when user clicks on a category link, Safari shows the category page for a fraction of a second and then throws the "Whoops, page not found" error. things are fine when forum is not embedded and accessed directly.

I tracked down the issue to a bug in Safari about dealing with hashes in URL. some suggestions ( 1, 2 ) were to replace window.location.hash with window.location.href in embed.js, but this made things worst. I then changed line 139 of embed.js from

window.location.hash = currentPath;
to
window.location.href = '#' + currentPath;

But with no improvement. Still loads fine everywhere else apart from Safari, giving same error.

Forum location: http://www.iorff.com/fa/discussions/
_
Since it is in Persian, the main category links are the ones with large blue icons._

I appreciate any suggestions, other than forgetting about the embed.js and using an iframe instead ;)

Tagged:

Comments