Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Line breaks getting added when inserting a html table

I've copying an html table into the code view (WYSIWYG (CLEditor)). It looked good in the rich text display, but I noticed when previewing that the table was being displayed all the way to the bottom (I initially though I just had a blank post and thus html tables were not supported).

I temporarily solved my issue by compressing the html code using an online tool. The tool put all html in one line, before it was something like

<table> <tr> <td>Some Text</td> </tr> </table>

it looks like every single line break in the html code was converted to a
tag once posted (or previewed)

Tagged:

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

When using a wysiwyg editor, small issues like this are sure to arise. Do you know what characters were be used in the the copy/paste procedure?

Vanilla converts new lines to <br> in some cases.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.