HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Spring giveaway - Post Scheduler

businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

Due to a change in my business strategy, I'm repackaging my premium plugins for Vanilla Forums and making them available to the community. The newest entry is the Post Scheduler. Originally a custom project commissioned by a customer (who changed his mind when it was completed), it became a premium plugin that I sold from my site, and now it's available, 100% free, to anyone who might need it.

Please note that, due to a change of focus, I could not test the plugin on the production release of Vanilla Forums 2.1. As indicated in the plugin description, it was tested on 2.1b only. The plugin is also available on Github, pull requests and contributions are welcome.

As indicated in the plugin description, I won't have much time to provide support for it, but I'm sure that the community will be happy to help. Enjoy!

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Excellent code!

As usual :)

@Shadowdare maybe use this as an idea for your Articles application?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@hgtonight said:
    Excellent code!

As usual :)

Thanks. Even though it was not updated for quite a while, it's still functional. :)

@Shadowdare maybe use this as an idea for your Articles application?

It should be possible to extend the scheduler plugin fairly easily. For discussions, the plugin implements a DiscussionModel_BeforeSaveDiscussion_Handler. It could be extended with a BeforeSaveArticle hook and implement the equivalent logic for articles.

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited May 2015

This looks awesome, @businessdad! I'll look into extending Post Scheduler for articles, too. :D

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@Shadowdare said:
    This looks awesome, businessdad! I'll look into extending Post Scheduler for articles, too. :dizzy:

It would have been even "more awesome" if the person who commissioned most of its features (not a member of this forum) had not bailed when it was ready. :angry: